"Good luck Ced." Y/N hadn't meant to call him his nickname but she observed how that seemed to have a better effect on his nerves.

He gave her a confident smirk. Which disappeared as fast it arrived when Y/N ruffled his soft brown wavy hair.

Y/N gave him a cheeky grin. "Remember what we went through, Ced."

And with that, Y/N exited the large tent with a wink at Cedric.

•~-~-~-~-~•

Cedric felt his spirits soar when Y/N winked at him.

He was going to win this task. For her.

And also for his ego because if he lost on only the first task.. that would be embarrassing.

[ pov switch ㅡ> 1st ]

I heard the sound of the signal for the tournament to begin.

I was up first.

As I stepped outside of the champion's tent, the large, silvery skinned, blue-ish gray dragon came into view. There it was. The Swedish Short-Snout.

There were so many people watching the dragon's and my every move. I could tell the crowd was curious of my plan. It was almost silent from the crowd hitching their breaths, careful not to miss anything.

The large dragon was observing me and sizing me up.

I remembered learning about this dragon with Y/N.

I recalled her saying, "It's known from the blue flame it shoots from his nostrils."

It seemed to have been pacing around something. Protecting? Guarding?

I saw a glimpse of light reflecting off of whatever it was.

I suppose that was the objective of the first challenge. I have to go retrieve whatever that was that the dragon was guarding.

•~-~-~-~-~•

[ pov switch ㅡ> 3rd ]

Y/N watched carefully when Cedric started the match. She observed the dragon and she was glad to see that dragon was one of the ones she went over with Cedric. She just hoped he remembered.

Y/N saw the glint of determination in Cedric's eyes as he analyzed details about the dragon, the watchful audience, the rocky surroundings, and the objective of the task.

She noticed his eyes narrow, carefully formulating a plan.

Y/N hoped he had a good plan at the least.

The Swedish Short-Snout blew a puff of its blue fire in Cedric's direction. Y/N could tell the dragon was getting impatient.

Y/N watched as Cedric swiftly pulled out his wand and transfigured a rock into a dog.

Clever.

Y/N could see where his plan was going. A simple distraction and go. But he was missing something.

However, the Short-Snout took the bait of the distraction dog and shifted its attention toward the dog.

Cedric was carefully making his way toward the shiny, golden egg.

Then Y/N figured out what was missing from his plan.

The large, silver dragon suddenly decided the dog wasn't very interesting anymore. And with that, the dragon turned around to find an unsuspecting Cedric heading for the egg.

Y/N felt a gust of heat as the dragon blew those well-known blue flames from its fiery nostrils.

She jumped toward the railing. Was Cedric okay?

Then she saw a lovely head poke out from a rock.

Y/N sighed in relief. She felt her whole body relax. He was scathed but not burnt.

There was only a little distance left between Cedric and the spectacular golden egg.

The dragon was looking around closely near the large rocks Cedric was hiding behind.

The suspense was almost killing everyone watching in the stands.

Just then, Cedric made a run for it.

The distance between him and the egg grew smaller and smaller as he closed distance.

•~-~-~-~-~•

Cedric dived over and stretched his arms out toward the egg. He wrapped his fingers on the egg. He did it! He retrieved the golden egg! He finished the task successfully!

•~-~-~-~-~•

Y/N made her way over to the champions' tent yet again. She knew that the other 3 champions still had their turn for the task, but she wanted to make sure Cedric was okay.

She searched around and saw Cedric lying on a cot.

"Ugh. That was exhausting." Cedric said while wiping the dirt and sweat off of his face while looking at Y/N.

"You okay? That dragon did seem to have got you with its flames." Y/N said, looking concerned.

"Was it bad? That's embarrassing for me isn't it?" Cedric said while laughing. "I tried to go for a cool, graceful act but I guess being close to burning to death isn't a great factor."

"Geez.. that's what you were worried about?"

She noticed how he seemed to wince every time he laughed too hard.

Y/N went over to Madame Pomfrey and asked for a few bandages for Cedric's scraped injuries.

"If it hurts, you should've said something silly." Y/N scolded.

"Then I won't look cool." Cedric said as he pouted.

"Well you'll always be 'cool' in my eyes, Ced."

Cedric smiled with a shine of pride in his eyes at that.

"Alright. I'll be right back. I have to go get something else from Madame Pomfrey."

Cedric nodded and Y/N made her way to Madame Pomfrey again.

Y/N looked up smiling from the cup of Cedric's favorite tea that she brought for him.

Clash.

Y/N's smile disappeared in a flash of a moment. The sound of the small porcelain teacup shattering ringed in her ears as the sight of Cedric and Cho sharing a kiss was imprinted onto her mind.

The hot tea splashing around after the liquid made contact with the hard ground.

It's true. Y/N wasn't over Cedric yet. He didn't allow her to let go.

Not when he flirted with her, acting as if there really was something between them still.

Not when he still led her on.

Not when Y/N still thought the spark between them still shone bright.

So yes, it did hurt Y/N when she walked in to see Cedric and her together with their lips connected.

And the worst part of it all, was that she still couldn't bring herself to hate him.

a/n: i went with the description of the dragon from the official wizarding world website so its not yellow like it was in the movie

*and yes i did in fact color in the dragon's wings for the chapter cover </3

(THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE READS AND VOTES I LOVE U FOR THAT) i honestly didn't expect anyone to actually find this story so.. thank u <3

*special thank you to the person who added this story to one of their reading lists :')