Chapter 4: True love isn't for everyone

She had learn a lot from her visit to granny and she definitely had the thirst to learn more about the woman. But the only way she was going to get more answers would be from the source directly. Emma made her way to the west wing when a strong arm grab her and turned her around.

"Hello princess, where were you going?" Neal asked suspiciously, his mouth was a tin line while he waited for Emma to answer him.

"Nowhere, now get your hands of me your hurting me." Neal lets go of her but keeps a grin on his mouth.

"Well if you are not going anywhere you probably have no problem with accompanying me to the rose gardens. It's a beautiful day and we have some things to discuss." Emma rolls her eyes but she let her be guided to the rose gardens.

The sun was indeed bright today, it was a beautiful sight to behold. The water of the fountains glistered in the mid-day sun making it look like there were little diamonds just under the surface of the water. They sat down on one of the many benches in the garden.

"Well I can't say I was surprised about your reaction to our engagement." Neal starts the conversation.
"I would have been more surprised if you were happy about it. But I will tell you right now princess you will not change your parents minds. They don't have the power to decline this."

"I know." Emma says which causes him to quirk an eyebrow.

"What do you mean, you know?"

"Granny told me the story, about the dark one, your father. I am the price for keeping this kingdom save." Neal gives her a bright smile.

"You are a smart woman. Something I don't normally appreciate in a woman but I will let it slide this time." Emma couldn't feel anything but resentment for this man. But she bit her teeth from keeping her saying things she might regret.

"What I don't understand is way you are so happy with this. Don't you want to marry someone you actually like? Find your true love." Her words causes Neal to blurt out in laughter.

"Silly princess! Do you really believe in this true love bullshit? Maybe you're not as smart as I thought." Emma couldn't take it anymore and she stood up ready to leave but Neal grabs her hand and pulls her back down.

"There is no such thing as a true love, at least not for everyone and especially not for royals."
Emma huffed.

"What about my parents? They have true love and they are royals." Neal rolls his eyes.

"Your parents are the only exception to the rule. Trust me I know what I'm talking about my father explained it to me a long time ago and I have accepted my faith and I'm happy about it. I'm going to be a king and I will have a beautiful queen be my side, I don't see any cons." He brushes her hair out of Emma's face and pushes it behind her ear.

"Now give me a kiss my princess." He touted his lips and leanes forward. Emma on the other hand turned her cheek to his lips and a sloppy kiss was place on her cheek.

"I'm sorry I'm just not ready for that yet. Please understand my sweet fiancée." Emma says sweetly. Neal didn't think anything else off it and nods that he understood.

They had nothing further to discus and Neal took his leave. He explained he wanted to go and train with one if the knights but Emma knew he was going to the village and to the towns tavern. Emma didn't care this gave her the time to go back to the west wing tower and to Regina.

The moment the blonde appeared in the door opening from the tower Regina got up from the bed and stood in front of the bars.

"You're back?" She asks not believing her eyes.