five

╮quack, quack, quack╰

After Fulton nervously asked Spencer to hang out, the two were always together. Fulton finally started talking to the girl in full sentences, something that Connie and Blair completely freaked out over. The taller boy had even taken to joining Connie, Spencer, Guy, and Charlie on all of their endeavors outside of hockey. Charlie and Guy took a fast liking to finally having the girls outnumbered.

Spencer was standing behind Fulton in the locker room, her arms looped around his neck with her head on his shoulder while he leaned against the wall, hockey stick in hand. She impatiently watched as her coach finally picked up a jersey from the box full beside him.

"The Ducks?" Jesse asked in shock as he stared at the animal on the jersey. "We're the ducks?"

"Man, what brain-dead jerk came up with that name?" Peter asked, a few small laughs coming from around the room.

"As a matter of fact, I did," Bombay responded, folding the jersey in half. "I didn't have a choice. We're being sponsored."

"By who, Donald and Daisy?" Averman asked, the whole team laughing with him.

"Hey, you don't want to be Ducks? You'd rather be District Five, some stupid number?" Bombay asked as he looked at Averman.

"Better than some stupid animal," Peter replied. The team 'ooh'd at the boys minor insult before their coach started walking.

"I'll have you know, Peter, that the Duck is one of the most noble, agile, and intelligent creatures of the Animal Kingdom," Bombay said as he approached the small boy.

"But they're wimpy," Connie said in defense of her teammate.

"And scared of everything," Spencer quickly added from where she was standing.

"They don't even have teeth," Guy added, backing up the two girls.

"Neither do hockey players," Bombay said, pulling a few small laughs from a couple of players before he continued, walking around the locker room as he talked. "Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful! Pretty awesome how they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way! Why? Because the other animals are afraid."

"Afraid? Of a duck?" Spencer asked in disbelief that anything would be scared of a tiny duck.

"Yeah, Spence, they're really scared. They know if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock." Bombay responded, walking back to stand beside the box of jerseys. Once he got there, he quickly pulled off his jacket to reveal a Ducks jersey underneath. The whole team gasped in shock. "I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with anyone one of you. So, how 'bout it? Who's a Duck?"