𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2 - 𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟

Gabriel knew well who he was, a prince soon to be king and all that place was his reign.

How could have I forgotten such a thing?

He laughed at himself and got dressed, he remembered that day was the day he would have had a little trip with his fiancée and future wife Emilie.

After their marriage he would have been crowned as king of an even bigger land.

"Are you ready your majesty?" a servant called.

"I'm ready!" Gabriel said and he went downstairs into the hall.

"Lady Emilie is here sir"

"All right, you can go now" Gabriel said as he adjusted his hair to look as charming as possible.

"Gabriel!"

The man turned around, a woman with long blonde hair and green eyes was running towards him, the two hugged.

"Hello my dear Emilie" the man said softly.

"Are you ready for our little trip Gabriel dear?" the woman said.

"Ready" he chuckled.

The two went out and entered a carriage and left the place.

"What do you think about those flowers I choose for our wedding?"

"I think they are wonderful my dear"

"And what about the location? I think the lake makes everything more romantic"

"I think so too my dear" 

Gabriel was so happy to marry Emilie that he didn't care about flowers or location at all, he felt like he had found his soulmate and he was happy enough like that.

His excitement didn't prevent him from hearing some steps from behind the bushes near their carriage.

"Stop" he ordered.

"What's happening?" Emilie asked as Gabriel jumped down the carriage.

"Wait here" he said grabbing the sword he always carried with him.

The man looked through the bushes near there but he couldn't find anyone so he had to keep walking.

When he was far enough from the carriage someone attacked him, swords collided with a thick sound of metal and Gabriel started fighting the stranger.

He was good at fencing but the stranger was able as well, it took a while but Gabriel managed to block the person against a tree.

"Let's see who you are"

He removed the cloak the stranger was wearing and it revealed to be a woman with long bluish hair tied up in a bun with a red lock.

She was looking at him with her cold blue eyes behind a pair of glasses.

"Let me go now" she growled.

"Let you go? You were spying on us during the whole trip, why?"

"I wasn't spying on you"

"You were, tell me why or I will have you arrested in a blink of an eye" Gabriel was serious.

The woman smirked.

"So you are important, aren't you?"

"I'm prince Gabriel Agreste, I own this whole land"  

"Oh, cool" she mocked.

The man was starting to loose his temper.

"Listen, tell me who you are and why you were following us, or you will regret this"

"I don't think so" and with a little movement of her legs she managed to free herself from his grip.

"What?" Gabriel said confused.

She is really good.

The woman quickly jumped on a tree and disappeared through the leaves.

Gabriel took a deep breath waiting for her to attack him, he knew she was still there.

"Where are you?" he shouted.

"I am here" a voice behind him spoke calmly.

He was turning around when he got hit in his right shoulder by an arrow.

Gabriel yelled in pain as the woman smirked sitting on a branch holding a bow.

"You will pay for this!" the man whined falling on his knees.

"I don't think so my dear prince" the woman approached him and started searching for money into his pockets.

Gabriel was in a lot of pain and he couldn't even react. 

"Stop it" he said.

"You don't have anything with you apart from this lovely brooch"

The woman took a beautiful brooch from a little box she found in one of his pockets.

"No please, it's a gift for Emilie, my fiancee" he pleaded. 

"Oh, you don't look so brave now my prince" she mocked him again.

Gabriel was furious but he couldn't move, the arrow was still into his shoulder and it hurt way too much.

"Please..." he whispered without any more strength.

The woman looked down at him, the man was very pale and was losing a lot of blood because of the arrow.

She feared he could have died, she had to do something, she had never killed anyone and she didn't want him to be her first victim.

"Gabriel?" she called but the man had already passed out.

She sighed and decided to drag him to her place to treat his wound, it would have been too dangerous for her to return him to his carriage.