51. meeting gone wrong

:quinquaginta unum:
~meeting gone wrong~

:quinquaginta unum:~meeting gone wrong~

✰✰✰

"Hi everyone" Harry chirped brightly "so as you know, today we are going to be practicing the patronus" there was an audible gasp and chatter of excitement around the room,
"So to conjure a patronus you have to be able to think of a really happy memory, it has to be really happy or the charm won't work"
Patrick thought to herself about a memory he could use however none immediately sprang to mind.

Unfortunately the first thing he thought of was Percy which he quickly did is he'd to the back of his mind like he had been doing ever since the beginning of the school year. He landed on Anna, Amelia and his mother but he couldn't think of anything specific that brought him a sense of certain joy.

"The incantation is expecto patronum, now don't be disheartened if you don't get it first time it's very advanced stuff so it might take a few gos for you to get it, it might not even happen this lesson but that's completely fine"
The groupsspread out over the room to start trying to cast the spell. The room filled with shouts of expecto patronum but for a while nothing happened.

Harry demonstrated his own patronus which took the shape of a silver stag. It ran once around the room before disappearing into thin air. Everyone cheered and seemed more motivated to achieve their own.

Elle was one of the first to conjure it, hers took the form of a golden retriever that bounded round the room causing many students to laugh.
Of course Anna (being the smartest in the year) got it next and laughed in happiness as an owl swooped around her.

"How do you do it?" Patrick mumbled as his incantations seemed to be constantly failing,
"Think of something happy ... really happy"
Patrick frowned as he thought back to a time when he did feel completely happy. His mind landed on the times he'd spent with his mother and sisters but with those me,pries came grief.

As he saw the face of Liliana smiling at him the boy was reminded of the painful way she'd left his world. Surely that wasn't happy.
However as he thought about it he noticed that he felt a bubbly sensation throughout himself.
"Expecto Patronum" he called out as he brandished his wand through the air. Silver erupted from the tip and Patrick felt his heart freeze as he watched it take form.

A butterfly. A singular beautiful silver butterfly floated lightly around him on elegant wings. He couldn't help but smile. Patrnous' were supposed to be protectors, to Patrick this meant that Liliana was watching over him, that she was still with him.
"That's beautiful Pat" Anna smiled as the two of them watched the small creature vanish into thin air.
"I know"

✰✰✰

Everyone was laughing and generally having a good time until they heard the sound of the room of requirements door opening and closing again.