VIII. Be Careful

11.21.20
11:46 am

AHHH IM SO UPSET THIS CHAPTER WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT ON THE 16TH SO I COILD SURPRISE YOU GUYS BUT THEN I GOT BUSYUTYUIGIGIGH 🥲🥲🥲
AND IM SORRY I HAD TO BEND SOME OF THE CANON LORE TO MAKE THE CROSSOVER WORK BUT HOPEFULLY IT ISNT TOO NOTICABLE!!

edit 11.26.20 12:35 pm: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

edit 11.27.20 12:04 am: a bit late there, old me...... AND UHHHH TURNS OUT I WROTE SO MUCH MORE THAN I USUALLY WRITE IN THIS CHAPTER. I DONT SHARE HOW MANY WORDS I HAVE IN CHAPTERS ANYMORE, BUT I HAVE TO FOR THIS. IM ALMOST AT 7000 WORDS???? UM????? HRJJJRJHJG ENJOY, GUYS

- troosh

IT WAS A BAD IDEA TO ENTER SCHOOL WAY EARLIER THAN USUAL. Honnie would almost describe it as torture waiting for even the teacher to come in. He felt lonely sitting without any company, to be frank. He wondered if Rimuru felt the same in his own classroom. They did come in the same time, after all.

Honnie knew it wouldn't hurt to catch up on assignments—what were they again?—due much later, including a project that he dreaded. He counted on his fingers what was due two weeks and a month from now and made a pouty moue.

The boy sighed. I'd much rather listen to the whole album of 'Everywhere At the End of Time' ten times, back-to-back than do a three page essay analyzing the motives and actions of the people who adore Yuka Takaoka.

Sliding off his bookbag from his shoulders, he took out his phone. He watched as the device lit up and the familiar lock screen he put in appeared.

The phone had a simple design. Unlike its more recent installments, the iPhone now cast aside the idea of one hole for headphones and charging due to receiving many complaints. It was now a device akin to the 5th and 6th generation of iPhones, which Honnie found convenient.

His wired earbuds clicked into place and Honnie tapped YouTube's icon. The site had been becoming increasingly popular as years went on from what Honnie observed. It wasn't bad. In fact, he quite enjoyed watching the American side of YouTube as well.

He kept one side of his earbuds out of his ear in case a person, or perhaps the teacher, entered the room and needed his attention. It was the right move as a student slipped into the General Studies classroom a few minutes later.

To Honnie's surprise, it was none other than Hitoshi Shinsou—his seat mate. Honnie could recognize that unkept purple hair anywhere. He swiftly and quickly took all of his personal belongings and stuffed them into his bag, seeing now he had someone to talk to instead of being on his phone.

"Hitoshi...!" Honnie sputtered. "G'mornin."

"Why are you here so early?" his seat mate questioned with good reason.

The white-haired boy shrugged. "I'm here early cause I woke up early. I just decided to go to school, but I started to regret it when I realized there isn't much to do here without anyone anyways."

Honnie wasn't sure how he awoke at 5 am. He even woke up before Oliver, who slept way before he did. Rimuru was the most surprised out of the three and got ready while humming a foreign tune Honnie didn't recognize.

A soft laugh erupted from Hitoshi. "I presume you won't be doing this often?"

"Oh man, definitely not," Honnie shot down jokingly. "It's shocking enough I woke up without interference. Awakening at the crack of dawn, at that."