VI. Explanation

08.12.20
10:05 am

hihi!!! so like,, this chapter kinda has filler at the start old me decided to put, so if you don't want to read that, read until 'once they stepped out of the restaurant' and go to the timeskip after it says 'damn, that's tough'.
other than that, i would like to say how i had to bend some of the canon lore a bit to make this understandable. alright! enjoy haha

- troosh

HONNIE SCOOPED A SPOONFUL OF MAC-AND-CHEESE INTO HIS MOUTH, SAVORING THE TASTE. On the other side of the table, Rimuru quietly chewed on his asiago bagel with chive and onion cream cheese spread.

Swallowing the pasta, Honnie pointed his spoon at Rimuru. "You gonna talk about the attack you did at the school?" he paused, moving the spoon in circles. "At least, more in depth than before."

Rimuru opened his mouth in realization and nodded. "Ah, yes, of course. The truth is, Great Sage was amazing. It was a bit overkill, in my opinion, but it helped me to understand the lengths it is able to go."

"Woah, really?"

Rimuru nodded once more. "Yeah. While it looked simple, the actions 'I' did were incredibly complicated. It's hard to keep the black flames manipulated around the sword, and it also requires manipulation to keep the flame on my clones."

A waiter that looked like an overgrown ant came by with a check. She set it down on the table with a nod, her antenna slightly bobbing with her head movement.

"Thank you," Rimuru said absentmindedly as he took the check in his hand and returned his focus to Honnie. "Great Sage was multitasking multiple different actions at the same time, many of which would normally be impossible."

"That sounds amazing... I can't believe Great Sage did that...!" Honnie whisper-yelled.

The slime agreed happily and signed the check. "Oh! That reminds me. I have something to tell you at home."

"With Oliver?"

"Yup...!" A chuckle escaped from his lips as he slowly rose from his seat, preparing to leave.

Honnie didn't forget to take the large chocolate chip cookie that they ordered for Oliver. As they walked out, Rimuru thanked the waiter that helped serve them.

Once they stepped out of the restaurant, Honnie stopped in his tracks and let out a sigh.

"What's the matter?" asked Rimuru, looking back to the boy.

"We don't have a car to get home..."

"Then... walk?" Rimuru told him a bit confused. "Besides, I don't think it's that much of a journey to your house."

Honnie groaned in protest. "I don't wanna walk~!" he muttered childishly.

Rimuru thought for a moment. "Why not make this into a training experience? Just summon a creature that could take you home."

"Rimuru, Quirks aren't allowed to be used in public unless you want to be fined..."

"Ah-" the slime said with a bit of embarrassment. "My bad, I forgot," his eyes seemingly studied the ground when it suddenly turned to Honnie, a mischievous glint sparkling within them. "But no one can fine you if no one can detect you!"

| 🕒 |

"RIMURU, THIS NOT WHAT I MEAAAANT. PUT ME DOWNNN!!"