"I have autism, so your life isn't as bad as mine.."

"What's that?" She asked.

"Autism is a complex development condition that causes persistent challenges in social interaction. Sometimes it can effect your speech and sometimes makes your speech repetitive.." I explained.

"But you can talk.." She said, I nodded.

"In my case it causes me to have Severe anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. So like, when I'm uncomfortable I repeat whatever I have to say in threes and then I run off and have an anxiety attack. Everybody suffers from it differently though.."

"Also, whenever I'm studying I have to do everything in threes. That's what took me so long to come over.." I explained, she stared.

"Wow.." She said.

"Yeah, so like when people are joking and stuff. Ya'll a be laughing and I don't laugh cause I don't get the joke. I don't pick up on social ques at all.."

"So that's why you didn't know that Dee liked you.." She said, I nodded. "And that's why you didn't cuss Olivia out that day in the car. You didn't know she was tryna be funny.." She said pointing at me.

"She cracked a joke?" I asked confused.

"Nooo, she was tryna play with you when she called you decent. She was saying that your average.."

"So that's why she said that when I said she was too?" I asked, she nodded. "I thought she was confused.."

"Girl, I'm not gonna tell nobody that cause that ain't nobody business but your own.." She said waving me off.

"Alright.." I said softly. "So why was she biting her lip at Dee? Did she have something on it?"

"No.." Maya said shaking her head. "Her and Dee used to be fucking round before they ended shit. Well he ended shit.." She said.

Wow, Dee be having sex?

"Why did they stop?" I asked.

"He said he found out she was posting him on her close friends like they was together whenever he'll do her a favor or anything so he had to stop fucking with her like that.." She said with a shrug.

"Thats egregious.." I said, she nodded.

"Yeah girl, Dee dont like her at all.." She said. "But you, he always texting me asking me questions about you. Like he just texted me asking if you was here.."

"And what did you say?" I asked.

"I said yeah.." She said with a shrug, I huffed.

"I don't even know his real name.."

"Maya! Dawuan! Dayvon!" We heard, I looked at her.

"That's my mother. Come on.." She said, I stood up and followed her downstairs to see this pretty brownskin woman with a bob cut. I'm guessing it's a wig.

"Hey ma, This Kataleya. Kataleya, this my mom Danisha.." She said, I looked.

"Hi.." I said.