NIGHTLIGHTS

After they changed the place to have their dinner, they happened to enter Augustine's restaurant. The man coincidentally in his office when they arrived and personally greeted and cooked for them.

"Why did you open this shop?" the old man asked as he munched on the food prepared for them.

"For personal reasons grandfather, I was supposed to give this to my supposed wife, she loves to eat different cuisine, but due to some reasons, the wedding was cancelled." Augustine answered as he flipped and stirred two pots at the same time, looking like a professional chef.

Nodding his head, the old man mumbled "stupid spoiled woman" meaningfully glancing at his granddaughter and towards Augustine and both grinning and shaking their heads. Their tacit understanding made Allana feel left out, it seems the years she was away really made her lose track of the happenings around her.

"Gran, you knew Augustine's woman?" she asked while wiping Jiuhan's face that was filled with sauces. The old man only chuckled and dismissed her question by asking her about her plans. "I will take over Aunt's company and train myself there then when I am capable enough then I will help out on the empire." she casually said and shrugged her shoulders. Her nonchalant attitude irritated the old man which caused him to knock her head and nagged at her.

"You should divorce that sham as fast as you can, I won't ask you to marry anyone anymore, but I wish you could be happy now. And if someone arrives, don't close your heart Allana, I will be here. I am not sure if I will live longer but promise me that you will be happy." listening to his heartfelt words, Allana could not help but tear up and hug the old man, assuring him and apologizing for her previous actions.

Although the man acted cold hearted when she mentioned it, later on he gently caressed her back and kissed her forehead.

...

They spent their dinner talking to each other while fifty percent of them is her grandfather cursing Xuan and Wei. Allana could do nothing about it and just chuckle and agree with them, she also managed to introduce and bond Jiuhan to him, the child now called the old man pops. And currently she watched their car speed off with her son abducted by her grandfather, she can't say no after both the old man and the bun begged her for a little quality time between them.

"So where are you heading next?" Augustine asked and tucked the loose strand of her hair behind her ears. "Home?" she replied and smiled at him. "Do you mind if you join me for a ride?" glancing at his Audi behind them while casually raising his brows playfully at her. Shaking her head while giggling, Allana smacked his arms and got in his car with his help.

"Aus., how's your parents?" she asked. "They're good, although they are rushing me to marry and have children" shrugging his shoulders while tapping his fingers on the steering wheel trying to mimic the rhythm of the song playing on the radio. "Of course, they will, you're already 27, sooner or later you will be turning 30, Uncle and Aunty aren't getting younger. I also want to see your children." she nagged as she crossed her arms while her left brow raised at him.

"Don't rush Yana, my wife will soon be ready for me." he replied and winked at her. Allana could only grunt in annoyance as the man clearly had no plans of telling her about his relationship.

"Maybe you're gay." silence filled the room as Allana's joking face turned serious after not hearing any response from the guy. "Are you?" stopping his car at the sidewalk while unbuckling his seatbelt, Augustine faced her and looked at her intently.

"Do you think so?" he seriously said with his clear eyes reflecting her, his thin lips formed into a line as he put one of his arms at the wheel and the other at the back of her seat. Seeing him this serious made her heart race and feel anxious.