chapter 9

Uh-oh, I thought as Trina slammed the door screaming my name.

"Yeah?" I ask playing innocent.

"One Direction is not in the state, they're not even in the country!"

"Really? Oh, then I need to uninstall my One Direction stalker app. I'm sorry." I lied.

"Why do you do this to me?" Sh asked me looking disappointed,

"Do what?"

"You always make me either leave the house or stay in my room whenever your friends come over, are you embarrassed of me or something? Why don't you ever want me near you or your friends?"

"Trina..."

"You know what forget it. I don't care." She snapped and stumped her way upstairs.

I groaned and turned around seeing Andre grab Jade's hand, shouting a "Goodbye, I'm taking ms.Pregnant over here home."

  Cat got pulled by Robbie who shouted bye and that he was taking Cat home since apparently they got here together.

 Beck said he could go but I told him to stay, and wait for me in my room while  I go talk to Trina. He nodded, kissing my forehead before following me up the stairs, and walking in t my room while I walk in to Trina's. "Good luck." He said.

I nodded and walked in to Trina's room.

"Trina, are you okay?" I asked worried for my older sister.

"Why do you do this to me Tori?" She asked sounding hurt.

"Do what?" I asked honestly confused.

"You always try to hide me from your friends, they know who I am, but you never want me to be near them, are you embarrassed of me."

"No, I love you, you're my sister. You just try so hard to be somebody you're not."

 "Have you ever wondered why I act the way I do Tori?"

"No." I answered honestly.  "Why?"

"Because you have always been better than me. I finally pass a test, and you come home with two A+ on your tests., I pass my classes, with only one A and one B and you come home with straight A's. I then decide that I want to go to Hollywood Art's so I could finally do something better than you, and even then you end up taking my part in the play, And your friends? Those are the coolest kids in Hollywood Arts, the kids I have been trying to be friends with since I got there and you just walk in the door and they're already your friends.

"You never have to work hard to get what you want. It's always just handed to you. Beck, heck, I've had a crush on Beck for the longest time, but he never noticed me, every time Jade saw me look at him she would send me murderous glares, and when you like Beck, she basically handed him to you. You've always had it easy. I try my hardest to be where I am now, and you're not even trying and already you have a better life than me, better friends, better everything. And it's driving me crazy.

"When I found out you were friends with them, I was so jealous, but then I figured that if you're their friend they would be here often and we could be friends but then you decide you never want them near me, you have no idea how much that hurts me Tori."

"Trina, I'm sorry, I didn't know I did that, but you always try to keep me out of the house when you're friends are here."

"Yeah, I know, but that's because I don't want to lose anyone else to you. You always take everything. Heck, we both know you're mom and dad's golden child."

"We don't know that." I say, even though we both know it's true. Mom and Dad are constantly telling Trina she should be more like me. They always tell her she should have friends like mine,and grades like mine, and clothes like mine. They are always telling her she should be more like me. I never realized how wrong she took it. They did it because they want the best for her.

"Yes, we do Tori, face it."

"I'm sorry." I say walking away from her room. 

 I didn't know that I would affect Trina like that. Just by being born I made her life a struggle.  Mom and Dad always say I'm the easier child, that Trina should be more like me. That I was the easiest pregnancy, I came out without a problem, while Trina was a struggle. I have always been called the prettier sister, even though my sister is beautiful. I have always been the favorite, and I just now noticed it.

 I have to do something about this. I can't let Trina think she's worthless, or that she doesn't belong with us. I can't let her think I am embarrasses of her. I have to change everything.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Beck asked as soon as I walked in the room. I just let out a groan and explained my whole day to him, starting from the moment I called him to postpone the date.

"So what are you going to do?" He asked looking interested.

I told him that I plan on being the bad kid now, getting in to arguments with Mom and Dad and that I was going to skip school, and let my grades go down a little but not enough to fail. Just to let Trina's grades be better than mine. "What do you think?" I asked.

"Do you want the truth, or the boyfriend answer?"

"The truth."

"I think that you shouldn't do that. How about you do something else?"

"Do what?" I asked confused.

"Not everything has to be some very big plan, what Trina seems to want is to hang out with you and your friends. So invite her to hang out with us sometime. Have some sister time with her. Make her look like a good kid to your parents."

":How will I make her look like a good kid?"

"I don't know, tell them she brought home a stray cat because she felt bad for him."

"Trina hates cats."

"Dogs?"

"Doesn't like them."

"Umm... tell them she helped you with your homework."

"I'm in advanced classes Beck."

"Then just leave that part to her, but you focus on letting Trina hang out with you.  Let her hang out with us when we hang out, just keep her away from Jade, we know they don't like each other. But just be the good kid."

"See, that's exactly what I don't want, for you guys to call me the good kid."

"Sorry. Just go to sleep, we'll think about what to do tomorrow." Beck told me kissing my forehead.

'Stay?" I asked him.

 He thought about it for a while, running his hands through his hair before agreeing.

"Okay," he nodded,"I'll sleep on the floor."

 "You don't have to, the bed id big enough for the both of us." I said, not realizing how suggestive that sounded, until he looked at me surprised.

"Wait, no, that's not what I meant!"

"What did you mean?" he asked suggestively.

"Umm... I meant that my bed is huge,  all of us would be able to fit in the bed, without a problem... wait, that doesn't sound right, I mean. ugh, I don't know." I say groaning.

Beck laughed and kissed me to shut me up. "I understand what you mean." he says with a sad smile.

I try to think of why he would be sad, then I remember he said he hasn't done anything since his birthday, which is honestly a long time for a guy... I think.

"But maybe..." I trailed off kissing his jaw.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his voice sounding rough. He cleared his throat before saying my name.

"Beck." I say kissing his neck now.

He tries to say something else, but I end up kissing him on the mouth to shut him up.

He didn't kiss me back at first, but then snapped out of whatever haze he was in and kissed me back. I smiled as he kissed me harder, and layed me back n the bed.

Well that was an interesting night.

 I wish I could say the morning after was the same way.