"So, you are saying these things I need to do is for a month?" Donghyuck responds with a slight nod.

"If you do all the things there, we can get a divorce just like you want and you can get married to your girlfriend," Donghyuck said. Mark smirked.

"Such an easy task.. okay, deal. After a month, there will be no you and me" Mark left Donghyuck and immediately drove away to his girlfriend. Donghyuck kneeled as he cover his face with both of his hands. Chenle runs toward Donghyuck and hugs his mother.

Like what they had dealt, when Mark woke up the next morning, he face Donghyuck that was still sleeping. He stared at the sight of Donghyuck sleeping in front of him. Eyes still closed, his cute button nose scrunched as he was in deep in his sleep and his lips parted a bit makes Mark's heartbeat thump like it was used to be.

'Why does my heart beating this way? Did.. the feeling coming back again?'

Unconsciously Mark caresses Donghyuck's cheek. He remembers the younger's cheek used to be chubby and he loves to pinch and kiss it.

Mark did what Donghyuck want him to do. He sometimes acted lovely towards Donghyuck and showered him with kisses whenever he wanted to. Chenle was happy to see how lovely his parents are. He finally can see Donghyuck now smile so brightly defeating the sun.

Days keep passing by, Mark and Donghyuck slowly fall in love with each other once again. Three days before the month-end, Donghyuck wants to make love with Mark. Mark was so happy and granted his husband's wish.

Mark show his love to Donghyuck that night. He even swears to himself that he will never think of separating with Donghyuck anymore. He reminds himself to give Donghyuck a gift on the last day of their deal. He wants to be with Donghyuck and Chenle together and rebuild their once broken family.

Mark smiles fondly as he places the gifts he bought for Donghyuck on the passenger seat. He drives safely home with happy feelings. He cannot wait to surprise Donghyuck with the gifts and promise to his lover that he will never want to divorce again.

Once Mark arrive home, he was greeted by the silence in the house. He was a bit confused. Usually, at this hour, Chenle and Donghyuck would be watching some cartoon show in the living room but today there is no sight of them there. He makes his way to Chenle's bedroom. He saw no one but a sudden cry from his share bedroom with Donghyuck caught his attention.

"Chenle? Why was he crying?" He asked himself as he walked toward the bedroom while holding the bag of gifts. He open it slowly and saw Chenle sit next to Donghyuck that was laying on the bed. Chenle crying loud as he shakes his mother's shoulder.

"Mom.. wake up! Please.." Chenle pleaded. Mark was confused and approached them. He saw how pale Donghyuck was at the moment. The bag in his hold slipped down from his hands once he realized what was happening to his lover.

"Hyuckie babe.. nooo.." Mark sits next to Donghyuck and shakes Donghyuck's shoulder. He can see Donghyuck's chest going up and down so slow. Donghyuck opens his eyes and smiles weakly at Mark.

"H-Hyung.. l-love.. th-thank y-you" Donghyuck close his eyes completely as he let out the last breath. Mark shook his head in denying.

"Babyy!! Please wake up! No, you cannot leave me like this!! Please.." Mark hugged Donghyuck's lifeless body as Chenle wailed out next to him.

To my beloved husband, Mark Lee. Hyung, I am so sorry I have to leave like this. And I am so sorry for not telling you about my condition. I was in my last stage of cancer when I asked you to stay with me for a month... I am so happy and felt so loved during this one month. I am so grateful to have an amazing husband like you... promise me you will take care of Chenle and give him more loves. I love you both so much that it hurts me when I have to leave both of my lovely people behind. Now you can marry your girlfriend, right? There is no more me and you. You can have the happy life you wanted and I knew you will never be happy with me :)

Take care hyung... I love you so much and thank you for all the love you have given to me.. may you find your happy ending life after I've gone ♡ Goodbye love ♡

Mark's facepalm while crying all his heart after reading the goodbye letter from Donghyuck. If he knew from the start that Donghyuck was on the edge of his death, he surely give more love than he gave before. Now, his happiness had gone leaving him and Chenle in agony. He wishes he get a chance to tell Donghyuck how much he loves the younger and tells him that he will never replace him with another person...

How he wish he could tell Donghyuck but it was too late now.

Edited: 29th Oct 2021