It was break time and a group of girls led by this tall brown haired girl approached Moonbyul.

Moonbyul did not reply, instead she stared right into the girl who blocked her way.

''Let me tell you this. You might not have known since you are new to the school, but stay away from Kim Seok Jin and don't bother wasting your effort to get his attention.''

''And you are?''

Sowon was caught off guard hearing Moonbyul's reply.

Looking right into Sowon's eyes, Moonbyul continued, "Don't waste your time telling me this. I am not interested in him. To give you an honest advice, if the guy is yours to keep, you do not need to ask everyone else to scorn off whoever that guy is. You look pathetic doing this."

''Ya, we are speaking nicely to you. How can you be so rude!" Eunha said.

''I am speaking nicely to you guys now, am I not? And now, if you nice folks may excuse me.'' Moonbyul gestured for them to make way for her out of the washroom.

Seeing how Moonbyul was not affected by them at all, Sowon signaled the girls' to move aside.

''I hope you meant what you said, Moonbyul-ssi.''

Moonbyul did not react to Sowon and walked out without looking back at them.

-----

The next few weeks had been uneventful since Moonbyul's encounter with Sowon and clique. She had no interest in the school's 'politics' and did not intend to get herself involved. Since she was a transferred graduating student, she was exempted from joining social clubs and hence, she spent most of her time alone, whether in class or during break times.

Then came one day...

After a long day in school, Moonbyul was on her way out of school when she was stopped by the trio along the corridor.

''You there! Stop walking!''

Moonbyul continued to walk despite hearing Ken.

''Ya, we told you to stop walking!'' Jin exclaimed as he ran up and grabbed Moonbyul's wrist.

''Who are you to tell me to stop?'' Moonbyul asked in return.

''Mwo? (What?)'' Jin stopped in front of Moonbyul, blocking her way to walk further. It was his first time looking at Moonbyul in such close proximity. He was surprised by her doll-like features and long eye lashes. As he blocked her way, Baro and Ken caught up with them.

''Let go,'' Moonbyul said as she tried to free her wrist from Jin's hold. 

The trio had been observing the new girl for the past few weeks and noticed that her daily routine in school was basically between the classrooms, the washrooms and the benches near the field. She did not interact with anyone unnecessarily. She was not giving any attention to anyone, not even Jin, who was dubbed as Mr. Popular of the school. They were intrigued by her lack of interest in things apart from school work. They also observed she displayed no other expressions to anyone in the school. Hence, they came up with a silly plan - to try to scare the girl by attempting to take advantage of her, to see if she would show any fear.

''What do you guys want?'' Moonbyul asked since it was obvious that the guys had a motive in stopping her.

''Well, we want to...'' Ken said as his right hand approached Moonbyul.

But before he could touch Moonbyul, she used her left hand (which was free) to grab onto Ken's approaching hand and gave it a twist, making Ken shrieked in pain and back facing her. She then kicked Ken's butt, making him fall flat onto the ground.

Baro, who was standing next to Ken, could not react on time, earning a kick on his legs and fell down in pain.

Moonbyul turned to Jin who was still holding on to her wrist.

''Let go,'' she said coldly.

''You know martial arts?''

''I said let go.''

Jin did not react to Moonbyul but continue to stare at her.

Moonbyul's patience was running out and decided to take a offensive move against Jin. Jin guessed her moves and was quick enough to grab hold of her free hand. Being a quick thinker, Moonbyul kicked Jin at his calf and in pain, causing him to let go of her hands. Moonbyul then quickly ran in the direction of the school building's exit.

Jin gathered his composure back swiftly and chased after her. Lucky for him, he was fast enough and was able to grab her hand from her back. With the sudden pulling force, Moonbyul's body was forced to turn and she fell into Jin's embrace involuntarily.

Jin froze immediately when he had Moonbyul in his arms. His brain and nervous system decided to call time out momentarily. His nose caught a tinge of her cologne and it smelled good and refreshing. He had a strange feeling throughout his body, like a tingling sensation from his head down. It was only when Moonbyul stepped on his toes that made him regain his consciousness of their current situation. He let go of her as the pain from his toes outweighed the strange feeling he had a moment earlier.

Moonbyul gave him a death stare and ran out of the building almost immediately, not wanting to be stopped again by the trouble three which she secretly named them as.

Jin had a blank expression on his face while Baro and Ken caught up with the two at the building entrance. They saw Jin hugging Moonbyul and they were shocked to see that.

''Wow, the two of them do look good together.'' Baro whispered. 

Ken hit Baro's head from the back and walked up to Jin.

''Are you trying to smitten her?''

Jin rolled his eyes and walked out of the building.

''I was just giving her a chance to take a closer look at me.''

''Heol! (Whatever!) It didn't look like it worked as she stepped on you with all her might. I pity your toes.'' Baro said while he ran up to the two, earning an elbow from Jin.

None of the trio was bothered by the fact that their plan was not successful this time; There would always be a second time.

----

Back at Jin's house

Jin was lying on his bed after showering. He could not fall asleep after lying on his bed for the past 30 minutes.

The earlier images of him hugging Moonbyul kept replaying in his mind like a broken video. He actually liked the feeling of Moonbyul in his arms. 

''Argh! What's wrong with me!'' He said as he buried his head into his pillow, kicking his legs at the same time.

Suddenly, he reached for his phone and sent a text to someone.

''Where are you guys?''

*****