Chapter 24

Dawn's POV

It took a few months but Sam and I were finally able to have our wedding. We wanted to get married before the baby was due. Mom and Emily were a huge help in planning. We were going to have a small ceremony on First Beach then do a big bonfire as a reception.

It was the night before the wedding. Sam and I had split up the night prior, he stayed at the house while I stayed at Mom's house. I stood at the window in her guest bedroom. I could make out a black wolf sitting at the tree line. I put a hand to the window and a hand on my stomach. The wolf nodded his head before turning around and walking back into the forest.

"How are you feeling?" Mom asked, startling me.

"Good," I answered, turning around.

I sat on the bed and she sat across from me on the bed. "Are you nervous about tomorrow?" She asked.

I leaned back against the headboard. "Not really. I know this is the right step even if a few things are out of order." I looked down at my belly and gently rubbed it. Mom stayed up with me for a little while. As she was leaving the room she gave me a kiss on the forehead and closed the door behind her. I looked out the window one last time just in case I would see Sam but to no avail. I walked back to the bed and tried to get comfortable. It took a few hours but I finally was able to fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up to see the sun shining in the window on the wall parallel. A soft knock sounded and Mom poked her head in. She had a tray with eggs, toast, and a glass of orange juice. I ate while she got my dress out of the closet. It was a long-sleeve, lightweight, dress. After I finished breakfast Mom sat me at the vanity and began messing with my hair. She took the top layer and twisted it into an elegant braid with a metal, white, flower crown resting on the braid. I just applied a light layer of makeup in neutral tones. After hair and makeup, it was time for the dress. We quickly put it on before Mom went to her room to get ready.

The clock soon chimed one and we started our walk to the beach. Before we were at the altar, we were joined by Emily, Kim, and Ayla and their respective imprints. The girls were each wearing their best dress and the boys were wearing cream and white tuxedos. I looked ahead of me to see a beautiful wood structure with tan curtains on either side. Along the aisle, there were chairs with white covers and metal lanterns lining the path. Sam stood next to the altar with Billy sitting next to him. I held my hand out to Mom and she took it before we started the short journey to my future.

"Please be seated," Billy said. The boys and their imprints took their respective seats in the white chairs. Mom gently kissed my cheek before sitting in the first row. "We are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holey matrimony. If someone objects to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace..." when no one spoke up Billy continued. "The gods have chosen these two people to be forever joined. An imprint is the most sacred thing to a wolf. It is only natural that we honor that bond here today... Sam."

"Dawn. You have been the light of my life since I met you. I took one look and I knew that you would be mine forever. I know we had some bumps along the way and I know it seems like it has taken a while to get here but I wouldn't change anything. I love you and I promise to love you until the end of time," Sam vowed.

"Dawn," Billy said.

"Sam, you have always been there for me, even when you aren't physically next to me. I can't imagine my life without you. So I vow to you to always stand by your side and I vow to love you always."

"Do you Sam promise to take Dawn as your wife for as long as you both shall live?" Billy asked.

Sam placed the silver band on my finger and said, "I do."