Chapter 10

Mother above ^^^
Dawn's POV

Sam dropped me and my bags off at Emily's. Emily and Embry helped me get settled in Sam's room. I felt bad that I had taken over Sam's room but both Emily and Embry assured me that Sam wouldn't have it any other way. Embry left for patrol as Emily and I started to make dinner for the boys. We made double cheese lasagna with garlic bread. By the time the lasagna was finished baking the boys came thundering into the house. Sam gave me a small kiss on the head and wrapped an arm around my waist. All of the seats were taken so I had to sit on Sam's lap. Of course, I was blushing the entire time and Sam's grin was as big as the Cheshire cat's. After dinner, Emily and I did the dishes while the boys were watching whatever sports game was on.

"Come on you need to rest," Sam said standing in the doorway from the living room.

"How long were you lurking in the doorway?" I asked not looking up from the dishes.

"Not long. Are you going to come rest now?"

"After I finish the dishes. There are only a few left so you can wait. Go hang with the boys I'll come get you when I'm done."

"No thanks, I'll wait right here."

I finished the last of the dishes and when I moved to help put them away Emily put her hands on top of mine to stop me. Sam walked over to me and picked me up bridal style. Sam walked upstairs with me in his arms. He gently set me down on his bed before collapsing beside me.

"Can we watch a movie?" I asked laying down with my head on his chest.

"Which movie do you want to watch?" Sam turned on the TV and went to his Netflix account. He scrolled through the Action section.

"Surprise me."

3rd person POV

About halfway through the movie Dawn fell asleep. Sam shut the movie off and wrapped his arms around his imprint. Just as he was about to close his eyes Dawn's phone rings.

"Dawn's phone," he answered half asleep.

"Hello, may I speak to Miss Brooks," the voice said on the other end.

"Can she call you back she is very busy at the moment?"

"This is very important. Tell her it is regarding her mother."

Sam knew how important Dawn's mother is to her so he muted the phone and woke Dawn. He had to shake her shoulders slightly to get her to open her eyes. Once he said that the phone call was regarding her mother Dawn became alert.

"Hello...yes doctor... really, that is amazing... are you sure... and you think that this will work... yeah-of course I can be there. It just might take me a few hours to get there... tell her that I am on my way... thank you, doctor."

"What was that about?"

"The doctors think that they found a way to save my mom. I can't believe it." Salty tears trickled down her face and Sam rushed to comfort his imprint. She wasn't sad, they were tears of joy. After years of medical bills, the doctors think that they have finally found a way to save Dawn's mother. Dawn spent the next hour booking flights and packing her bags... again. Sam talked to his pack and told them that he was going with his imprint. He left Jared in charge, not trusting Jacob's judgment or Paul's temper. Charlie drove them to the airport after Dawn told him what happened. He said that he would tell Bella.

Dawn's POV

We landed at the airport and immediately took a cab to the hospital. I didn't bother with the check-in seen as everyone knows who I am here to see. I rushed into the room to see mom resting in her bed. I quickly hopped in bed with her and gave her a hug. She laughed and weekly wrapped her arm around my shoulders. She became tense and I turned around to see Sam standing in the doorway.

"Mom this is Sam. He's my... boyfriend," I said moving so I was standing next to her.

Sam came closer to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Hi Mrs. Brooks," He said softly holding out his hand.

"It's just Miss these days. How exactly did you two meet?" Mom asked shaking his hand.

"He saved me. One thing leads to another and I was chasing Bella through the woods and tripped. Sam found me and returned me to Charlie," I answered before changing the subject. "Mom, what's this new treatment? How can we afford it?"

"They think that this new treatment will cure me. I don't understand most of it; you know me and my mind, but they say it will work and don't worry about the money. I will take care of it."

"Mom I will always worry about you. When is this treatment taking place?"

"Tomorrow. I know it's short notice but I want this taken care of before it gets worse. Sam, we need to talk."

"Mom can we not do this now. Let's do this once you are better and out of the hospital."

"Fine. Why don't you both get some rest because I have a feeling that neither of you will get some rest tomorrow."

"Okay, mom. I will see you tomorrow before and after your treatment. I love you." I gave mom another hug and kiss on the cheek. I grabbed Sam's hand and lead him out of the room. Outside the hospital, I hailed a cab and we took our bags to my house. I opened the front door and walked inside. I quickly turned around to gauge Sam's reaction. He didn't really show any kind of emotion one way or another.

"We don't really have a guest room, but I can make up the couch," I said looking at him. He gave a small nod before shuffling inside and into the living room.

I went into the kitchen to fix up dinner but could only find a box of mac n cheese. I told Sam that I was going to run to the store to pick up some groceries. The walk to the store was a quick one and once I was there I just picked up the bare necessities or this trip. Back at home, I made mac n cheese for dinner. Sam and I ate dinner snuggling up on the couch. Sam did the dishes while I rested on the couch. I felt Sam pick me up and I buried myself deeper in his chest. He gently set me down on my bed and when he turned to leave I gently tugged on his hand. He laid down with me and we both fell asleep.