Chapter 7

Outfit^^^
Dawn's POV

After a quick breakfast, I took a fast shower and changed into a pair of pastel pink leggings with grey leaves on them, an oversized grey sweater, a soft baby pink scarf and a pair of baby pink ugg boots. I asked Bella if she wanted to come with me to the rez but she ignored me and kept staring out the window. I packed an extra set of clothes in my backpack and took Bella's truck hoping that she wouldn't mind and drove to Emily's house.

I pulled the truck up in front of the front door and knocked. Emily welcomed me inside and I offered to help her make lunch for six boys. I underestimated how much work that would be. We made 200 sandwiches and six dozen cupcakes. I could hear the boys playing with each other in the front yard right before they barged into the dining room and sat down at the table. They all said hi when they saw me and Sam made his way over to give me a kiss on the cheek. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I leaned into his bare chest.

I noticed that all of the boys were looking at the food and I could practically see the saliva dripping from their mouths. I laughed at the mental picture in my head and everyone gave me confused glances. I brushed it off like it was nothing. Emily and I went first then we let the boys dig in and by the time I was finished with my one sandwich they boys had eaten almost half of the platter.

"So what brings you by? Not that it really matters," Emily asked.

"Well, I was hoping to learn more about you guys and your wolves. I really only know the fiction and I would like to know the fact. And I want to tell Bella that Sam imprinted on me but I don't know if I can because it's not my legacy to tell," I answered honestly. I looked at Sam and he seemed to be monologuing in his head.

"Since Bella knows about us she might as well know the whole story." was all Sam said on the matter. I felt like he was mad at me but I don't know what I did wrong. Emily seemed to sense my dilemma because she gave my hand a comforting squeeze.

After lunch, Sam led me back to the campfire circle. I involuntarily shivered and he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his body heat. We talked for a couple hours about his tribe and he told me that I would know more after the upcoming council meeting. I still didn't know what I did wrong... if I did something wrong.

"Sam, why don't you want Bella to know about us?" I asked finally getting the courage.

"What do you mean?"

"The way you acted at lunch. It seemed like you were hesitant to even give the go-ahead to tell Bella why I stood up for you or why I betrayed her."

"Betrayed her? How?"

"Bella sees you as this guy that forbade her best guy friend from seeing her then I come along and we walk back from our talk hand in hand looking like we just won the lottery. In her eyes, it is almost a betrayal. I just want to tell her my reason why I trust you and why I think that she is wrong about you starting with imprinting."

"I understand that you want her to not see what you did as a betrayal but she could put you in danger. When she was in the hospital it was because a vampire put her there. If Edward hadn't stopped him your best friend would be dead. I don't want to have that close of a call with you. I want you to stay safe and protected."

"So that means that I have to give up my best friend?"

"No, it just means that... you are my everything and if god forbid something happens to you... it would kill me."

"I promise that I will be careful but I don't want to lose my only friend over this. I know that if I give her time she will give way and we can be friends again. I know that you care about me but I only brought it up to see if I would be breaking any werewolf laws by telling her about the best thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't bring it up to start a fight with you."

"I know. You can tell her and if she wants specifics that you don't know, tell her to go to Jacob. Maybe it will get them to at least talk."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Come on it looks like it is going to rain. When do you have to go back?"

"Well, I was kinda hoping that I could spend the night. I figured that with you explaining everything to me it might be a good idea to stay here. Is that okay?"

"It's perfect."

We walked back to Emily's place and much to my surprise the boys were gone. I looked at Sam and he just shrugged his shoulders. I went to grab my bag from Bella's truck. When I got back inside I saw Sam and a girl that looked a lot like Emily. I think that she saw me because within the next second she was kissing him... and he didn't pull away. I walked slowly back to the truck and slammed the door closed.

3rd Person POV

The roads were icy and Dawn's windshield was constantly covered in rain. There was an icy patch in the road and Dawn didn't see it. The truck spun out of control and rolled into a ditch and the truck rolled over onto itself. Dawn lay unconscious, upside down. A piece of glass was stuck in Dawn's leg and blood was gushing down her leg. Thankfully someone saw the accident and called 911. Dawn was rushed to the hospital.

When Bella received the call she was angry; at herself and at Sam. Charlie immediately drove Bella and himself to the hospital. Bella called Jake and Jake relayed the message to Sam who ran all the way to the hospital. He tried to see Dawn but Charlie told him to come back.