Chapter Fifty

Chapter fiftyyyyyyyyy!!!

***
With a sigh, J'onn's firm posture slackened and he slumped in the chair. Interested piqued by his teammate's unusual mood, Vic spun the chair around to face the Martian.

Eyebrow raised and hands on his hip, Cyborg nudged, "What's going onnn?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Come on, I've never heard you sigh like that. I want to know what's up."

J'onn straightened himself and said, "Oh I'm not upset," he met Vic's eyes in earnest, "not at all."

Seating himself on the meeting table just behind, Vic folded his arms, smiling in spite of himself at J'onn's sincerity, "Cool cool, you're just not exactly the kind of person who does a lot of sighing." He sleuthily attempted to solicit an answer.

The Martian weighed some pros and cons; Victor was not as likely to gossip as perhaps Hal or Barry, and he was a good friend to J'onn; he was extremely friendly with the Titans and whilst Vic may not leak to true teammates, he always did so to the Teen Titans. Then everyone would know. And J'onn would not know how to handle that. More to the point, Diana may not be okay with him speaking to Victor about it.

Then again, she hadn't had any qualms with being public with Clark.

Realising that he may have been staring in to nothingness for rather a few too many seconds, J'onn looked up at Victor. He did have kind eyes, Victor. An understanding young man. Had he asked the opinion of the young empath-witch, he would likely hear the same from her.

The tension in J'onn's chest was weighing him down, and Vic was always nice to talk to.

"Diana and I went on a date." He blurted, before reasonable, methodical thoughts could stop him.

Cyborg's mouth formed words but no sounds came out. Until, that is, he managed to ask, "Uh- Wha..?- Seeiously? For real?" He looked around as if expecting to see someone to share the shock with. "I can really see that. I can actually see it. Diana and J'onn..." he grinned. "Written in the stars!"

Deadpan, the Martian said, "You're being cynical."

"No no!" Vic shook his hands, getting off of the table. "It's great. I mean, we really should have seen this coming- you were lokey obvious...still..." he smirked, "How'd it goooo?"

Sighing once more, J'onn started, "I feel somewhat guilty to be sharing this without Diana's permission, but..."

Meanwhile

"J'onn was thoughtful and kind and interesting- just like usual- but with a little something extra," Diana explained.

"Like what? Marital aids and a camera?" Artemis guffawed.

Resisting the urge to punch her, Diana simply glared.

"No. Of course not." She relaxed her intense stare and drifted about the living room, straightening a few magazines here and there, some pillows in the corner. "Perhaps romantic. Which is strange to see on J'onn, he was very attentive also- more than before."

"Attentive to what?" Artemis wriggled her eyebrows, taking a chunk out of her sandwich.

In eschewed the signature WonderWoman glare (unfortunately, unlike Batman, it was not actually trademarked).