"Right, the Chancellor was trying to contact someone. But he was in his room, and it was closed and he was wearing a dark hooded cloak. I tried to contact General Skywalker, but his com wasn't working, and Rex never picks up his com... this isn't important why am I telling you this? What is important is that he was acting very suspicious,"

"In what way?"

"I don't know, he was sketchy,"

Cody pinched the bridge of his nose, Fox had a habit of straying far from the point in conversations, and when it came to him trying to describe things, well, it was rough, "Alright, Fox, I'll talk to you soon,"

"Copy that. Fox out,"

"What are we going to do, Master?" Ahsoka asked, "If the Chancellor is a suspect, shouldn't we at least pay him a visit?"

Anakin pondered on his thoughts for a bit then sighed, "I just hope he isn't the one... but if he is, we should be 100% positive he is. Maybe contact the Coruscant Guard and have one of the Commanders be stationed at his place,"

Rex said, "So you want them to spy on him?"

"....yes?" Anakin said, still a bit puzzled if that was what he wanted.

"We need to come up with a safe plan if that's the road you want to take," Ahsoka said.

"I know. I'm open to ideas. Rex, you usually create effective plans, any comments?"

"Well, sir, it takes longer than 5 seconds to come up with a decent plan, but, let's say for this instance the Chancellor is the one who orchestrated this, then a clone wouldn't be able to spy. Reason being is that he thinks that we are all doing whatever we're supposed to be doing,"

"Okay, I like the thought process so far. Cody, Ahsoka, anything?"

"Are we giving up on the cruiser?" Ahsoka asked.

"Oh, oops. Yeah I forgot about that, how about me and Rex go to the Chancellor. Snips, you and Cody stay here on the cruiser,"

"But I want to come with you," She said, "You might need backup,"

"Rex is my backup. I'll have a com link on the whole time, it'll be fine,"

Cody stepped in, "I can take care of the cruiser by myself and take care of the situation and find the traitor, if there is one-"

"That's okay," Anakin interrupted, "I want Ahsoka to stay here,"

"What? Why?" She was upset.

"Because this is high stakes, and you could easily get hurt."

"I've been in countless battles and missions like this. And remember the Citidel? 'Cause I remember it was a good thing that I came along,"

"That was different, I need you to trust me on this," Anakin turned to Rex, "Do not let her persuade you into letting her go with us,"

Rex straightened up a bit, "Yes, sir,"

"Good, now go and prepare. Meet me in the hangar when your done,"

Rex nodded and left the room with Ahsoka at his side. They walked down the halls in silence together and Ahsoka followed him to his quarters. He quickly grabbed a small bag and stuck in the bare necessities, things he would only need in emergencies, since things rarely ever go the way they need to go. He looked up from his bag and saw Ahsoka was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed and a frown in her face.

She still couldn't believe she was stuck on this dumb cruiser. Was this some sort of punishment or was Anakin actually wanting to keep her safe? Ahsoka could handle herself and she figured she could take down anything that came her way. But who was she kidding, she barely defeated Maul and he nearly escaped on her watch... but then again she let him out. Ahsoka was pushed out of her thoughts when she felt hands on her waist. She slightly stuck out her bottom lip and pouted, making Rex smirk at her behavior.

He placed a kiss to her forehead and rested his on hers, "I'll be fine, you'll be fine. This'll all be over soon."

Ahsoka uncrossed her arms and rested her forearms on his shoulders, "I know, I just don't like being treated like a child. I'm not a child anymore,"

"Then why are you acting like one?" Rex said jokingly.

Ahsoka tried to hide her smile and she pushed him away. She playful smacked his chest with the back of her hand and slightly grimaced as her knuckles went against his hard armor. Rex chuckled and stepped away from her. He turned and grabbed the bag and slung one strap around the shoulder without the pauldron. Rex gave her a quick peck on the lips, but Ahsoka had other ideas. She grabbed at his chest plate to keep his lips against hers. They kissed for a bit when he finally decided to break it, "I really should get going,"

She gave him one last kiss in the safety of his quarters, "Mm, okay," He grabbed his helmet and tucked it under his arm, "Be safe," she said.

Rex nodded, "I'll do my best to come back in one piece," he opened up the door and turned to face her again.

"That's all I ask," she said as she blew him a kiss.