T h e O n e W i t h T h e D a t e

Auburn sat in Marietta's as she sipped on her coffee and ate her chocolate filled croissant. Damien was absolutely right, they make the best croissants.

Auburn could see Damien in the Yardley Park, walking around absent mindedly.

Stop moving so much.

Auburn texted Damien. And soon enough he textes her back.

I'm nervous..what if I mess this up too..

Well, they say third time's a charm..

😑😑

Auburn laughed at his reply. Damien looked at the cafe window to see Auburn laughing, and to be honest, it was practically the best sights he had seen for a very long time. It was as if his day had brightened up the moment he saw her smile.
Damien's mind wandered off to Trey's texts and he frowned. He didn't know what to think. He liked Laura, didn't he ?

Soon enough, Laura showed up. Damien quickly popped his earphone in and called Auburn.

"She's here."

"I can see that dummy.."

Damien sighed at that sassy remark. So like Auburn.
Damien walked up to Laura and extended his arm for a walk. Laura smiled and agreed.

"I guess, things are going on pretty well.."

"Hmm.."

Damien heard Auburn's voice through the headphones. Damien smiled at her words, and continued with their walk.

"Okay. Now talk to her. And maybe flirt a bit. To make a girl fall in love, you have to make her laugh."

Damien turned around and started to walk backwards, just to face Laura and flirt with her.

"Okay. So, here's a joke for you.."

Damien said as he told the joke. Laura smiled broadly and laughed mildly, while Auburn laughed out loud. Just the moment Damien heard her laugh through the headphone, he cracked up a smile. He was in love. He made her laugh and instead of her falling in love, it was him who fell harder.

Damien was so absentminded that he didn't realise that he had tripped over a big stone and fell into a pile of dried leaves.

Auburn, stood up from her chair in the cafe, shocked at the sudden fall. She held her laugh and she saw him get up awkwardly.

Damien glanced at Auburn in the cafe and smiled, and got up groggily.

"I am so sorry for that. I didn't realise.."

"Oh my God ! That was best fall ever !"

"I know. I'm sorry..I messed it up didn't I ?"

"No you didn't..well maybe.."

"I'm so clumsy..so very clumsy.."

"Oh come on. You're not clum-"

"You're not clumsy, Damien. You're just nervous. Come on. It's okay. Let's sit down for a moment.." said Laura, smiling.

Damien smiled back.

Auburn's smile faded. Yep. It's her cue to leave. Damien had Laura now, who understood him perfectly. Auburn gathered up her things, as she looked up at the couple sitting on the bench.

"Dami ? You have the date perfectly under control. You don't need me anymore. Good luck on the date. Bye."

Auburn disconnected the call before Damien could say anything and left the cafe, with Damien watching her go with a sad face.

I am sad, but, oh well. Things are gonna turn out great for them..so..might as well be excited.. ;)