Chapter 1

The three beeps erupted from the iPhone in the young teen's hand indicating the call coming to an end. A last fit of laughter erupted from the siblings sitting on the bed, a late reaction from their grandpa's joke from the other side of the line. Once they simmered down, the soft scent of stew graced their noses and the got up from the bed to their new destination; the kitchen.

"Let's check out what Mom's cooking, Natalie." Robert Biden spoke and stood at the door frame in a posture graced with impatience. Natalie walked over to the lamp at her bedside table and flicked it off before walking past her brother and heading towards the staircase.

"I just got off the phone with 'Pa," Natalie called aloud as she came down the final few steps with her brother following closely behind. Her mother, Haillie, turned away from the stove top and greeted her children with a warm smile.

"That Joe could never miss a day from talking to you guys on the phone," She chuckled. "What'd you guys talk about?"

Natalie grabbed a scone that was resting on the counter and tore it in half, giving the second piece to Robert. She shrugged and took a bite. "Nothing much," she started, "Same old same old, we just talked about our days and asked what's going on at the house. We talked a bit about the whole election and how he's over the moon about it,"

Robert nodded his head in agreement to his sister's reports of the phone call to their mother. Hallie hummed in delight and turned her attention back to the stove where a pot of stew was simmering. She grabbed a small bowl and poured a small amount into it and grabbed two spoons from the drawer.

"Ah, that's nice to hear. Oh, by the way guys," turning to face her children again, she handed them the said bowl. "Taste this,"

Natalie and Robert grabbed a spoon of their own and tasted their mother's cooking. "Oh wow, that's good." said Natalie. Their mother smiled at the compliment, and she began dusting her jeans.

"Also," she started. Grabbing the teen's attention away from their shared stew, she went ahead and continued, "Your Aunt Ashley's going to be in New York for a while, she'd want us to go visit since it's been a while. Next week would be fine?"

The siblings looked at each other nonchalantly, knowing they don't have much of a say in this. Natalie shrugged her shoulders before nodding her head to the idea. "Yes," she replied.

Robert perked up from his chair. "Hold on," he said, "Are we staying at The Plaza? Near Lincoln Square?" Their mother smiled warmly in response to Robert's question and the teen smiled widely before boasting, "Alright! Remember, Natalie? We can go visit Myra and Joseph. They live a block away, it's been months since we've hung out with them."

"Yes, family friend's are never too far. We can go visit during the stay." Hallie added on. Natalie couldn't hide the smile etching up her face at the thought of visiting childhood friends. She chuckled softly at her brother's enthusiasm. "I suppose we can."

Their mother turned the stove off and placed the lid back onto the pot. Without turning back to her children behind her, she said, "The week's coming to a close. We'll leave in two days," to which the Biden siblings thought nothing more of it, and replied with a monosyllabic 'yes'.

----

Stepping into the room felt so unreal and nostalgic to the young Trump. A tiny rush of euphoria hit the young man and so he allowed an ever so slight lift on the corner of his lip etch into a tiny genuine smile. "Home," he thought to himself. "It's been a while."

A soft hand placed itself onto his shoulder blade. Melania pushed her son slightly and motioned him to continue walking down the hall into the massive and lavish living room, Barron took the silent command and let his feet carry him further into the extravagant penthouse with hands gripping tightly to the handles of his personal carry on and backpack.