XIV. TESTING, TESTING 1-2-3

I followed Captain Rogers, who led me into a rather large bedroom

          I followed Captain Rogers, who led me into a rather large bedroom. It was more modern, with gray walls, a bed with a navy blue comforter, a nightstand on each side of the bed with lamps. There was a large window that looked over all of New York City, and then a closet and bathroom, of course. Definitely a step up from motels and one-bedroom apartments.

"Well, this is where you'll be staying, if that's okay." Rogers stood by the doorway as I stepped forward into the room.

          "Yeah, it's fine." I awkwardly stood in the middle of the bedroom, fidgeting with my hands a bit.

          "We're gonna have to evaluate you tomorrow. I'll be outside if you need anything." Rogers assured before grabbing onto the door handle. "Good night, Sarah." He gave me a very distinct smile.

          "Good night, Captain." I gave Rogers a gentle nod, before he returned one back and stepped out to shut the door.

          I let out a deep sigh as I took a look around the bedroom. I didn't know where this was going, these people were complete strangers to me, even Captain Rogers. All of this seemed like a pipe dream, I still couldn't see Rogers and myself having some kind of father-daughter relationship.

          I walked towards the large window and looked over the lit up city. I've been sent on missions around the word, but this was my first time back in New York since 1954, since the last time I was with Mum.

          It's delusional, Sarah. All of it... is delusional.

TWELVE HOURS LATER

          Four of us were in the lab, I sat on a stool with my arms resting on a metal table, wearing a simple grey hoodie and leggings. Dr. Banner stood in front of his computer screen as Mr. Stark leaned against the table I sat at, while Rogers watched from across the room with his arms crossed. The lab had some of the most advanced technology I've seen, I even learned of Mr. Stark's A.I., who just so happened to be named after Mr. Jarvis.

"Okay so, what we already know is that you're genetically enhanced, obviously." Stark gave a glance to Rogers, who returned a slightly annoyed look. "What is the source of your powers?"

          "I don't know. All I know is that my resurrection caused it." I answered as Banner began typing on his keyboard.

          "And do you know what exactly are your powers? From what Natasha has told us it seems like vibration manipulation." Banner commented, looking up from his computer screen.

          "Not just vibrations. Strucker told me it was sonokinesis." I explained.

          "Sound waves." Banner added. "Anything else?" I drew in a breath and looked to the side before returning my gaze back up.