Chapter One

Chapter One:

"Help!" Charlotte screamed at the top of her lungs. "Somebody! Help me!"

She couldn't see where she was, since the darkness engulfed the whole room. She had no idea what had just happened in the last hour, but she was terrified. An hour ago, she had been walking down to see her best friend, Blaire. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a dark van slowly driving behind her. She stopped and pulled out her cell phone. She dialed Blaire's number and began to act casual. She began to walk briskly, trying to escape the creep she thought was following her. She turned around for a split second to notice that the van had turned and she was safe. She slowed down her pace and decided she was just paranoid, since she just seen on the news a girl had been murdered. She was almost a block away from Blaire's house, when a thick, black glove covered her mouth to muffle her screams. The man lifted her up and she tried to fight and bite him, but he was too strong. He threw her into the back of the suspicious, black van that had been following her.

Another guy in the back, also dressed in black with a ski mask, grabbed a role of duct tape and dirty cloth. He walked over to Charlotte and ripped off a long piece of duct tape. He forced the cloth into her mouth, getting bitten while doing so, and put the tape over it. He then grabbed her body and pushed her towards the corner, where he proceeded to tie her hands and feet together. She glared at him with disgusted eyes. She was tough, and she wasn't going to shed a tear for these creeps. She needed to stay strong and eventually she would think of a plan of how to escape. If she freaked out and panicked, her mind would only be focused on that, and not survival. The van jerked around a corner and came to a stop. The guy then pulled out another piece of cloth and tied it around her head, covering her eyes. She could still see a little, but he hadn't realized his mistake in putting a white cloth over her eyes.

Charlotte heard the creak of the door open and saw a little light flood into the dark space. The guy pushed her out and another pair of hands touched her body. She heard a few voices, realizing that she wasn't being abducted by just two guys. She was being abducted by a whole group. She heard the raspy voices of men and their slurred words were a hint that they had probably had a few drinks. She was disgusted. Her step-dad drank a lot and she hated the way he acted when he was under the influence of alcohol. He always tried to come on to her and threatened if she told her mom, he would hurt her.

She struggled as the many hands groped her body. She tried to scream, but her cries were caught by the cloth in her mouth. She had seen a lot of movies about being abducted. When she was in elementary, they had shown a DVD on what to do if you were ever kidnapped. She tried hard to think about what the DVD had said to do. Number one: Kick, scream, and bite as hard as you can. Alright, she tried to do that and now she was tied and gagged so that was about impossible. Number two: Collect as much information about the kidnapper, or kidnappers in this case, and remember everything. All Charlotte knew was that she was in a black van and the guy who had gagged her had one green and one blue eye. He was also around 6'2". She couldn't tell anything else about the man, since he had the mask on. Number three: Stay calm and don't panic. Engage in small talk and tell them everything about your life, hoping to make a connection with the kidnapper. Charlotte now was unsure how she was going to survive this. She couldn't identify anything, she couldn't move, and she couldn't talk. Her hopes of survival were getting weaker as the time went by.

The thick black gloves once again took hold of her body and carried her into a building. She heard the click of a door unlocking and it slammed right behind the last guy. She was set down roughly into a hard chair. Behind her head, she could feel fingers fumbling with the knotted cloth. A few seconds later, it fell from her eyes and in the dim light shown five tall silhouettes. They walked around her, as if they were admiring her like a trophy they had just won. She sneered with disgust as one guy ran his hand down her jaw. She quickly turned her head away, and she heard the chuckle of the men.

"I can tell she's a feisty one, Mark." Said the guy with the two different colored eyes.

"Hmm, I suppose she is. This will be fun then." Murmured the main guy, Mark.

Charlotte eyes began to tear up as she thought about the sick things that were about to happen to her. She looked around the room again. They had taken off their masks and now she could identify their faces. If she survived, she figured this would be crucial information. One guy was bald with a jagged scar on the side of his cheek. He was the one with the black gloves. He was about 6'4 with budging muscles. She had known he was strong when he had picked her up. The next guy she scanned had tan skin with a strong jaw. He was whispering in the corner with the leader, Mark. Mark had thick, dark hair and a smug look on his face. She figured he thought of this as a little game. She could tell he had tattoos running up his arm when he had touched her face. She looked over at the guy with the green and blue eyes. He had bright, blonde hair and was fumbling with a ring on his left hand. Another guy was standing next to him. He was tall and strong, like the others, but something about him was different. He almost looked scared. He was clenching his fist up in balls, and then releasing. It was like he was stressed out and badly needed a stress ball to squeeze. His dark eyes made contact with Charlotte's bright blues ones and she sensed he didn't want to be doing this. She looked away quickly avoiding the awkwardness. Besides she was terrified.

All of a sudden, Mark and the others left the room and she was left there all alone. She fumbled with the knots that tied her hands together, but she was unsuccessful. She cried out, but no one could hear her. She wondered if anyone back home was wondering where she was. Would her mother and father be worried about their little girl? Would Blaire be waiting for her, and yet she would never come? Charlotte began to feel sick. She realized her chance of making it home was slim. These guys looked serious, and last week a girl named Lauryn was killed. She couldn't help but think it was by the same people.