Chapter 2: Trip of Temptatiom

That day he told me everything about his job. Also about paleontology. It was very impressive, and i actually liked it.

Today was the day of the fund raiser. Uncle Alan's last stop in the fund raising tour was a lecture given by him. It was a full house full of scientist and students. We can't forget the dino fans wearing costumes like this was comic con or something like that.

As uncle Alan was giving the speech i saw some attendants grabbing their coats and sneaking out. Mostly because apparently he wasn't the exiting guest speaker they were expecting.

As uncle Alan was finished. A new slide came on. It was black and white, and indecipherable.

"It's through the painstaking study of the interior chamber in multiple specimens that we can determine this exciting correlation. Between the larynx and the upper plate. That
lets us theorize , mind you that
the raptor might have been capable of bird like vocalizations. Which as you can imagine, would be a tremendous breakthrough."

He's finished, but no one seems to notice at first. I stood up and clapped loudly as the others started clapping along and finally made an applause.

The man who owned the place stood up on stage and started talking.

"Thank you very much Dr. Grant." The woman said. "Now does anyone have a question?"

Nearly everyone's hand goes up but uncle Alan didn't seem surprised. I, on the other hand was. These people didn't seem to care.

"Does anyone have a question that doesn't relate to Jurassic Park?" Uncle Alan asked and a few hands went down. Then he continued saying. "Or the incident in San Diego, which I'll remind you, I did not witness." Then most of the hands went down. A few still stood.

I turn to the guy next to me who was probably a collage student.
"Don't you think it's kind of debatable?"

"Why is that?" He asked smiling in amusement.

"Won't the researchers just go and look for answers?"

"Because in U.N and Costa Rica the people decide what happens with the second island." He continued. "And they could just go in and look for answers."

"Yeah." I said.

"I was actually going to say that." He said. "But maybe you should."

"Oh, no. You go ahead." I said. "I don't wanna start a debate I'm not prepared to finish."

"Oh ok." He said but i saw he didn't raise his hand.

"Go on, you seem like someone who knows this kind of things." I said.

He smiled at me. Then, he raised his hand.

I saw uncle Alan looking at me. I guess he saw the conversation from afar. So he chose him.

The guy stood up. He looked back at me and i smiled reassuringly. Then he turned to uncle Alan and said. "Your theory on raptors is good and all, but isn't all this conjecture kind of moot?"

His student buddy who was sitting on his other side nodded. Then the guy continued saying. "mean, once the U.N. and Costa Rica and everyone decides how to handle the second island, scientist will just go in and look for themselves."

Then a science reported added "Isn't paleontology itself in danger of extinction?"

Recognizing those as fighting words, the owner guy was about to step in. But Uncle Alan took care of himself.

"No, and let me be perfectly clear on this point."uncle started. " Dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago. What's left of them is fossilized in stone the actual scientists spend years to undercover."