Chapter 6: Playing God with Not so Welcomed Guest.

Right when we saw them, uncle told us to keep moving. So there we were, stating to get going through the thick trees and try to keep up with my uncle who was moving quickly.

"Whats a raptor?" I heard Amanda say behind me.

"They don't look that big." Said Udesky. "I mean, comparatively."

"I we come across one, we might live." I said.

"That's good." Paul said.

"But you never come across Just one." Uncle Alan said.

I look back and around. I knew exactly what was wrong.

"Wait!" I said stopping. "Where's Billy?"

Uncle looked around then shouted as loudly and quietly as he could "Billy!"

"Billy!" I shout next.

"Here." I hear his familiar voice say. He came excitedly and said. "I got some great pictures of the nest. You know, proof raptors raised their young in colonies."

Uncle Alan just turned and left knowing there was no time to argue.

Then Billy continues. "This speaks to a larger social structure, the possibility of Darwinian altruism. It changes everything." He said. "We could co-write a paper."

"Ah rules of academics, publish or perish." Uncle said back.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

Later after we climbed a crest, we were all tired and hungry. We were panting for air and flushing because of the climb. At the distance we see a full compound.

"I bet theres a very good chance that Eric's in there. I's bet my bottom dollar." Paul said.

I just make eye contact with Billy and share a worried glance.

When we emerge from the jungle, we see a huge parking lot, littered with abandoned cars. Some of them laying on there side and others completely crushed and/or turned upside down.
So there not gonna be driving anytime soon. Then we headed up to the front steps.

When we head inside we were greeted with a quite lobby. Roots and vines all over the place, poking in and growing into the building's floor and walls. Some ripped sofas and dirty old mugs. Suddenly we hear a rustle and look quickly over to only see a few birds flying away.

"Eric, Are you here?" Paul called.

"Eric!!" Amanda shouted.

No one answered. I went to the desk and saw an official looking telephone. I look to everyone and saw that they probably had the same thought, but no one dared to do it. So i did.

I went over and picked ip the phone putting it on my ear. Nada.

I shook my head and looked down putting the phone back. I felt an arm around me and I looked up to see Billy. He jerked his head telling me I come with him and the others. I only nod my head and head out with him, his arm still around me.

Then we met a hall filled in vines but with a few bending machines. Paul starts taking change put of his pocket.

"Let's see, i have about a buck and seventy-five" Paul said. " how about you guys?"

Billy lets me go and walks over to the next bending machine, smashing it and getting some chips and candy bars, looking at the expiration date and then handing them out to us.

"Thank God for preservatives." Billy said.

I grab one and he pull his hand around my waist again. I blushed.

"Thanks." I whisper.

"No problem." He said smiling softly.

Then we continue, we enter through another set of doors to see what looked like a dinosaur making factory facility thing.

"What is this?" I ask out loud.

"I think it's a hatching facility." Billy whispered in my ear.

We walk down a ramp to see all of the technology. Cracked egg shells, incubators, freezers and some other machines I never knew would exist.

"Is this how you make dinosaurs?" Asked Amanda.

"This is how you play God." Uncle said.

I look to Billy to see him looking very impressed. I reach for his bag then to realize he had the camera with him. His camera. I took it from his grasp and grabbed a hold of it. And right there,

Click.

He looked over confused but saw i took a picture of his fascinated face. He gave me a questioning smile.

"Uncle, can Billy take some pictures?" I asked him.

"Go ahead." Uncle said to Billy.

Billy grabs the camera and sets if on the work table. He grabs a new role to film on the camera and zips it back shut.

Suddenly I heard a scream. I look back to see a RAPTOR in between two tanks trying to get to Amanda. My eyes widen.

"Back out!" Uncle yelled. "MOVE!"

We run through as Paul led us to possible doors for escape, knowing that only 20 feet behind was the raptor. Then we duck to the closets door close it, lock it and kept running.

In the room there were rows of oversized steel cages apparently used to contain small dinosaurs for my guess. Many of the cages were opened and we kept running down a lone isle. We hear the door crash open and i look back to see the raptor catching our sight.

As the raptor gains on us, me Billy and Udesky enter one of the doors and slam it shut, only to see that my uncle Amanda and Paul weren't with us.

I look to them and see them closing a door but the raptor slammed against it and knocked them back, trapped in the triangular space between the wall and the door. The raptor looks up and see's that there is an opening on the top. I cover my mouth with my hand and the raptor starts climbing. As soon as the feet left the ground they pushed the door all the way to the other side trapping the raptor just like they were. Amanda put the door's bolt on against the hole of the cage so the raptor would stay. The raptor struggles and we used that opportunity to start to leave. I ran with Billy as we heard the raptor making a particular sound. Just like the one in the resonating chamber model.
I go back to my uncle to see him stop on his tracks.

"She's calling for help." He said.

We run outside into an equipment yard. The cry of the raptor still on our ear sight. We head towards the tree line only to hear a distant similar cry for the jungle. Soon more cries came and we were basically surrounded with them near and distant.

In response, a pack of Hadrosaurs came running from the tree line.

And behind them,
A pack of raptors.

"Oh Shit." I whisper to myself.