Chapter 22

I stirred not so silently in bed next to Brenn. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me, not until I heared the same noise again. Am I being too paranoid?

No. the loud thud proved that indeed I was hearing correctly. The arbrupt change in my position and the loud shriek I realesed woke Brenn up.

"Are you okay? What's wrong cupcake?" He questioned me every bit of worry showing on his angel-like face.

"I thought I heard som-" I was interrupted when all of a sudden the sound intensified.

"You think?" He quirked his eyebrow playfully at me as if trying to ease the tension that has settled around me.

My body involuntarily jerked up as the noise replayed over and over again. Brenn laced his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. I swear he could feel my heartbeats.

Soflty he murmured to me, "Im going out to check around the house. Wait for me here, there's a gun in the top drawer next to you. Even though I don't think It'll come to this extent, only use it when necessary and please be careful cupcake."

I noded effortlessly while he ravished my forehead with a sweet tender kiss. 

As soon as he was out of the room, I reached for the gun quickly and clasped it close to my chest. My heart bumped against my rib cage. I shifted in my place as I heard the noise coming from just outside our bedroom door. I yelled for Brenn hoping that he'd be the source of the noise, but I knew that it wasn't him when I received no answer. That's when my knees started trembling. After all I've been through, I've decided that now's the time I start acting like the strong girl I've always claimed to be, and with the gun in my hand and my arm pointed forward, I made my way to the door. My sweaty palms slipped a few times before I managed to succesfully grasp the handle and slowly open the door. I sighed lowdly when no one was outside. With weary steps, I made my way to the stairs. I hopped in my place at the top of the stairs when I laid eyes on a shadowy figure lurking behind the walls and curvy turns downstairs. Without even blinking, I fired two bullets straight through the entrance door and immediately regretted it as I thought that Brenn might have been standing behind it. Suddenly, something hissed behind me, and I briskly turned around and shot a bullet. A loud crash followed. I was hyperventilating when I felt a hand touch my shoulder, and I immediately pointed the gun at the unknown figure behind me.

"What the hell Emily, that's me!" Brenn's soothing voice pierced through my ears, and I crashed my body against his.

"It's in the house! It's in the house!" I sobbed against his shoulder. 

"I bet you've probably killed it by now," he tried to joke, and I did laugh a bit at his pathetic attempt. 

The sudden cold air circling in the house and the creaking sound of the window put an end to our embrace, and Brenn was hastly heading towards the room. I soon followed, too terrified to be left alone. 

"God dammit! That son of a bitch got out of the window! I swear to god, if I ever get my hands on him.." Brenn was interrupted by my hysterical laughs and looked at me puzzled.

"Emily? Are you alright?" he asked obviously concerned.

"I think I have scared him away," I managed to blurt out between laughs.

"Come here," he softly said as he envelopped me with his arms.

"I think I owe you a new vase," I grinned on his chest, "I kind of murdered yours."

"Are you seriously worried about that old thing? Emily, pack your bags. This isn't safe anymore; we're staying at the station for a while."

"And where are we going to sleep?" 

"In my office. The couch is big enough for two, and if that doesn't work I can always get a matress. Come on, let's pack."

I sighed and obliged. 

Next thing I knew, he was on top of me on his very desk. I don't recall how we got here; I must have fallen asleep when he carried me on the way to the station, but what I was certain of is that we were in fact in his office because my back hit the hard wooden desk while my front made contact with another hard thing. Our breathing grew heavy. Brenn's hand snaked around my waist and rested on my hips. He looked at me with challenging eyes, and I knew exactly what he was thinking about. Anyone could walk in on us at any moment. Few were the officers who slept in the station; however, that did not eradicate their presence. Without hesitation, he crashed his lips on mine. Our moans were almost animalistic, and this time it wasn't just making love, it was pure carnal desire.

He teased my lip with his teeth, and then entered my mouth with his lukewarm tongue.The sensation was irrestible, and I lost myself in him. With strong arms he lifted me in the air never breaking the contact, and had me wrap my legs around him. His hands gripped every bit of showing flesh, and he kept walking to god knows where as he struggled with tearing my clothes off. We somehow managed to undress each other without me breaking my back nor the contact. Brenn pushed me abruptly against his office door. It was painful; it was rough, and it sure as hell turned me on.

"Oh god, Emily," he breathed out my name when my hand came into contact with the bulge in his pants. 

"Brenn I need you now."

"I know cupcake."

Then he mercilessly thrust into me. The way he filled me completely was unimaginable. My sharp intake of breath noted him of my pain. He stopped and looked at me. I gave him a weak smile never wanting the friction between us to stop. My pain was overpowered by the immense pleasure that had managed to take over me.

Brenn cursed colorfully everytime he slammed into me. As to me, rays of extacy blinded my vision.

"Brenn I'm about to-"

"I know cupcake, don't hold back."

I lifted my hips to meet his last thrust before we both found our releases. For the next few minutes, I did nothing but lay in his embrace and cherish his touch. When we both calmed down, Brenn lifted me off of him, and I felt empty.

He disgarded the used protection and joined me on the couch. We cuddled until sleep stole him away from me.

I woke up to Brenn's empty side of the wide couch. I blinked twice before opening my eyes, and as soon as my vision cleared, my eyes fell on the tall figure that stood in front of me. A half naked Brenn had his back turned to me, and I assumed he was gently trying to close the door with his leg as his hands were busy holding what seemed like a tray, but his attempt at being gentle obviously failed. The door casually broke and fell unto the floor. Brenn jumped, and I giggled at his reaction. He turned to look at me only to find me grinning at him

"It finally broke."

He laughed at the top of his lungs then made his way to his desk and set the tray on it. I straightened up as the smell of fresh pancakes aroused my taste buds. 

We were seated on Brenn's desk; he was on his office chair, and I was on his lap when he dropped his spoon all of a sudden

"Emily! I have it!"