Chapter 79: Negan was the bad guy in our story.

<<<
(DAY 578) I'm starting to think a miscarriage isn't going to be happening. I think I'm actually gonna make it through this pregnancy, and I'm not sure if that scares me more or less. I still haven't said anything and I'm now 14-some weeks pregnant. My stomach shows a little now, but with most of my shirts you can't see it at all. If anything, it just looks like I've gained a little wait or something. I still don't know what I'm gonna do, but I'm not going to devote every second of every day figuring it out.

Here's another letter for some people we lost, Milton, Paul, Ben, and Allen.

Dear Milton,

Since you arrived in Woodbury, you were one of Phillip's right-hand men. You were kinda like his geeky sidekick. There was an innocent aura to you, but you also had a sassy side that I adored. I liked having you as a friend and a part of my life, but sometimes I think I came on a bit too strong and made you uncomfortable, which I assure you was never my intention. I apologize for that, and I also apologize for what Phillip did to you.

I don't know what happened. I have no clue why you were killed and turned, but I figured it was Phillip who did it for reasons unknown. Whatever happened, I could never find it in me to say you deserved it. You were one of the people I knew that deserved to die the least, especially in such a horrible way. You were so caring, even for me when I needed it. You asked me to come back to Woodbury for Phillip's sake and for the people there, which maybe would've ended things differently if I would've done it. I wish we would've gotten there sooner or something. I know I'll miss you as much as a lot of people I plan to write letters to.

Dear Paul,

Man, we had some good times. We were partners for a lot of things at Woodbury, and you were one of the maybe ten people from there that I gave a shit about as an actual friend. There were so many memories and jokes and funny stories on top of that wall while we watched for walkers and people. there were those times we went drinking and when we hung out. After the miscarriage, Phillip came to you to stay when he needed distance. You took care of both of us, and I appreciate it.

Dear Ben and Allen,

There's not much to say. You arrived in my life alongside Tyreese and Sasha, and I learned later about a woman named Donna that you lost. I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for what happened to you as well. I led you to the wrong side of the battle, though I guess I didn't know at the time what else I could do to help. Allen, you were skeptical of me being so generous but Ben convinced you to just have optimism, which is hard anymore. We're lucky enough these days to have actual family left. You had each other, which is something I could never personally say I had. I lost my mom, and then my dad and sister were never seen again. I'm glad you two didn't have to experience that all that much.

That's it for today. Daryl and I are taking a walk out to the pond.

Signing out,
Cory Jenner
<<<

It was the first day in a while that I could take time for myself, time I needed. I hadn't taken a walk around town without a reason since long before I left for the hospital. It was rare, even on a nice day like this, to just look at what we had created.

I rounded a corner to find Aaron stood with a group, mostly members of the army. It seemed they were working on combat training. Toward the back of the group stood Lydia, who appeared to be passing by rather than participating. She stopped there to watch and I stood a few yards away, observing as well. Sun hitting my skin made the moment last a million times longer.