Friday's were important, they were a chance for anyone to get on stage and become an overnight sensation. But it got complicated when there were so many people that they had to pick and choose. That's why they tried to get as many people as possible to perform, everyone deserved a chance to live out their dreams.

"Alright, I'll grab our next victims. See you in a sec." Y/N stood up, her chair scraping on the floor as Cal rolls his eyes, "Try to make it not sound like we're about to murder everyone." She chuckles, "Sure, I can try but I can't promise it will happen."

Y/N walked out of the door and into the 'waiting area', this happened every month and yet she never got used to how tedious it was. She picked up the waiting list and scanned the names, "Yulie and the- uh, the atoms? Anton's? Uh, come on through." She put down the list and walked out, only hearing a chorus of male voices, "Again? Really?" "None of us are even called Anton!" and an awkward laugh from a female voice.

She sat back down in her chair and turned to Cal, "One Yulie and the Anton's coming or up, or atoms, I'm not quite sure." Cal started laughing, "Sounds fun, maybe we'll get some science jokes." Y/N started laughing too, "As long as it's not physics I think I'll be fine."

The door opened up and four familiar faces walked in, all looking slightly sheepish. "Hi, sorry, it's actually Julie and the Phantoms. Sorry if we're late at all, we didn't really know what time to come." Cal raised an eyebrow and Y/N chuckled, "That would be my fault, I never got round to giving them a time. This is the band I was telling you about," She turned to Julie, "Sorry, I completely forgot the name and the writing, no offence, didn't particularly help me out." Luke grimaced at her words as Julie started laughing, "Yeah, I'm thinking I'll get someone else to sign us up to things in the future."

Cal coughed to gain our attention, "As much as I love this friendliness we don't have all day, we have all of your kit here, our guys brought it in earlier. What will you be playing for us today?"

"Oh, uh we'll we playing a song called Edge of Great. We hope you like it." Y/N smiled at Julie and Cal nodded, pen at the ready. She hoped for the life of her that they were actually good or Cal would never trust her judgement again.

Running from the past

Tripping on the now

What is lost can be found, it's obvious

And like a rubber ball

We come bouncing back

We all got a second act, inside of us

Julie sat at her keyboard, her finger dancing over the keys. She seemed lost in the music and it was obvious how passionate she was, it made even Cal, the ever poker-faced, break out in a small smile. Julie moves to the middle of the performing area, as the beat drops the boys appear causing Cal to double-take in surprise, Y/N snickers in response.

I believe

I believe that we're just one dream

Away from who we're meant to be

That we're standing on the edge of

Something big, something crazy

Our best days are yet unknown

That this moment is ours to own

Y/N nodded her head and tapped her feet to the rhythm, her smile grew wider and wider, Cal would never doubt her again and she got to listen to a killer band, today was looking up.

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great

(On the edge of great) Great