03. . .children rid of childhood

CHAPTER THREECHILDREN RID OF CHILDHOOD

CHAPTER THREE
CHILDREN RID OF CHILDHOOD

    THE DAYS OF CHILDHOOD where over for those who knew the threat that loomed inside the catacombs of this world. The threat took the form of a being with snake like features, and the broken blood of innocent souls coursing through his black, ash veins. He was the epiphany of evil, and the world knew that if he could he'd rip out all the stars in the sky, extinguish the sun and then drain the ocean if it meant he could rule the remains of what was left. It was Lord Voldemort's way, his power hungry vision of what should and shouldn't be. His mind the eventual death of life.

    But, two kids who were forced to loose their childhood, one fueled by revenge and the other fueled by the wish for a better life, could be the best chance at weakening him, and—— well —— saving the human race that weren't lucky. . .or unfortunate enough to call themselves Death Eaters. It seemed Wren Stonem and Regulus Black were stuck in the pause between their childhood and moving on with the fate that was set out for them. Maybe, they were too scared to move on without knowing they were. A trepidation overflowing inside them and pouring from their lungs without their knowledge. Soon, Destiny whispered into Death's ear, soon, they'll have to move on.

    "Why did you suddenly care?" Regulus suddenly asked on a particularly chilly, late September evening. The two new friends were taking a walk, a tension forming between them as a question Wren dreaded to answer filled the air because truthfully she had no idea. The Stonem girl didn't regret her decision, because her friendship with Regulus was something she had started to cherish. They weren't sentimental with things, more carefree. It felt like Wren got a break from burning with fire, but she'd never admit that. She'd never admit that she actually wholeheartedly cared for Regulus Black.

   "I don't really know. . .I just—— I knew you became a Death Eater, but you didn't look, well, proud," Wren tried to speak, but she didn't know how to get the right words out. She never broke stare with Regulus, hoping he'd understand her words. That she knew that this was not his destiny, and he deserved better then becoming one of the Dark Lord's followers. He didn't have to become like her father, who died for speaking against him after becoming something he never was. Regulus Black could live.

    "I didn't—— I didn't want to," Regulus suddenly whispered, scared if he spoke any louder the people who pressured him and wore him down like tidal waves on sand would hear. Wren nodded, clasping her hands in front of her as her red wine colored dress whisked with the wind, stuck in a waltz against Mother Nature.

   "I know," where the only words the emerald eyed girl spoke as the two walked into a garden. She had never seen it on the grounds before, never having been one for exploring the grounds that made Hogwarts, Hogwarts. It was beautiful, though, with vines wrapping around the ceramic builds of statues of fallen wizards and witches of the past. Trees with pale pink and yellow leaves poked out from the ground, providing shade for passerby's. A small pond stood in the center, a line of stones incasing it to the ground as a stairway leading to the castle sat next to it. A smell of honeydew and silk consumed the two as they took in their surroundings.