Chapter 4

"Honey can you see why James is crying?" Amata said sleepily. Jackie got up and crawled over the makeshift crib.

"Diaper." Jackie muttered. Amata tossed a fresh diaper to him and he caught it with one free hand. He changed James's diaper and rocked him back to sleep.

"Thanks babe." Amata said as Jackie lay down next to her.

"Anything for you." Jackie replied as he kissed her.

"Love you." Amata said.

"I love you too." Jackie replied. They laid there for several minutes until gunfire ripped through the silence. Jackie instinctively reached for his assault rifle, but realized that the shots were too far away for it be a attack. He sighed in relief as he rested his head back down.

"I can't wait to find a place to settle down at." Jackie said.

"I know you do, ever since your dad left the vault you have been running around no-stop. You deserve a rest honey." Amata said, squeezing his hand.

**************************************************************************************************************************

The smell of freshly cooked eggs was the first thing that Jackie noticed when he woke up. He sat up and looked outside. He must of slept in because they were in a place he didn't know. He checked James who was alright, thankfully. He leaned over and kissed his son and wife on the cheek, then he got out. He put on a white T-shirt, brown cargo pants, and steel-toed boots. He walked around until he saw the source of the smell where Butch, Officer Gomez, Gob, and Colin Moriarty sat at a table.

"Ah, well good morning to t'e new fat'er." Colin said in his thick Irish accent. "Congratulations."

Jackie smiled and sat down next to Butch and Gob.

"So you’re a new dad now huh? It seems like yesterday that I beat your ass over a stupid sweetroll." Butch said.

"Yeah, I know right?" Jackie said laughing.

"OK, me and Butch were talking about some places. There is a town called Westside that has plenty of housing. We could stop there." Officer Gomez said. "Some of the NVA's have operatives in the town. At least then we have an Idea on what the hell is going on."

Jackie nodded and helped himself to some eggs, Brahmin stake, and purified water.

"Where the hell are we anyways?" he asked.

"188 Trading Post. Once belonged to the NCR, but after the war it belongs to the Brotherhood of Steel." Gob said.

Gob was right, Jackie looked around and saw B.O.S. members sitting at some of the tables, guarding the entrance, or working on broken robots.

"Hope you don't mind," Colin said nervously "But were had to show them your holo tags the Lyons pride gave you in order to get in."

"Its cool." Jackie said as he finished his food and got up." I'm going to go look around." He walked away from the table. Some of the Brotherhood members looked at him and nodded. One of them, about 24 years old wearing brown robes and a Power fist, ran up to him.

"So is it true? You met the Lyons pride?" she asked in a ancy voice.

"Yes I did." Jackie replied. The girl screamed.

"Oh my god! I can't believe that you... that I'm speaking too... sorry got a little bit carried away there. My name is Veronica Santleago. Head of 188" she held out her unarmed hand.

Jackie shook it. "Jackie Escado. You seem a little young to be the head of. . .well anything. No offense."

"None taken." Veronica said. "I worked with Henry Rameriz. So that gives me a promotion I guess."

"Is there any way I could get a hold of him?" Jackie asked.

Veronica shook her head. "No, he's out of the area. Making peace treaties with other factions. There is a war around the corner and we need all the help we can get. We've got the Caecilian Mafia and the Yakuza, but I don't know when he will be back."

"Ok, so who is the war with?" Jackie asked.

"Ceasers Legion, a bunch of sexist pigs who believe they own the damn place. And they have a new ally who I call the 'Evil Brotherhood.'"

"Who?" Jackie said.

"The Enclave, led by Augustus Autumn." Veronica said.