Chapter 11

Night had fallen at the Legion Fort. Having lost the battle of Hoover Dam and it causing the death of Legate Lanius, the forts massive gate was guarded by two hulking super mutants, humans that were turned large and powerful do to gamma radiation.

Augustus Autumn stood in front of the bunkhouse where he and his Enclave soldiers were staying. The cool night air whispered past his face. It felt like home. 'Just like home.' Autumn thought, 'But home was ravaged by unending war.' A red faced Enclave Soldier ran up to him.

"Ah it’s about time." Autumn said. "Tell me, did our forces do it? Is Escado out of the picture?"

The messenger looked down. "Sir," he said. "Escado and the majority of the Megaton settlers escaped. Our strike team was unable to kill Escado."

Autumn felt warm blood rise to his face. "What do you mean by escape?"

"I mean escape by Escado escaping before our forces could-" The messenger was cut off as Autumn's artificial hand wrapped around his throat.

"You’re lucky I'mma merciful man of honor." he said through gritted teeth. "I normally don't give second chances to failures." He let go of the messenger, leaving him on the ground gasping for air. "Bring me bad news again and I might just lose my temper!" he then turned around and stormed back into the longhouse.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Ceaser sat on his throne staring off into open space. Now with the tumor gone, he could now think ten times clearer than ever before. As he thought, Legate Incultus rushed in, behind him were two centurions holding a man between them. The man wore a blood and dust covered Duster and on his head sat a tattered fedora. The Centurions dropped him and the figure sat there, staring at the ground.

"Lord Ceaser." said Inculta. " I caught this man spying on our borders."

"What is your name? Asked Ceaser.

The figure slowly and gingerly stood up, blood dripping from his lip. "My name is John Hudson of New Reno, and you better be glad that I don't have my damn gun on me!"

Ceaser laughed. "Well I'm all a quiver" Which in turn made all of the Legionaries laugh. He then asked. "Why were you spying on us? Were you sent by the NCR, Courier Six, or was it wrong place wrong time kind of deal?"

John Hudson spat on the ground and said. "My business is my own you Legion Son-of-a. . . " but before he could finish one of the Centurions decked him square in the stomach. Hudson fell on his knees, coughing up blood as he wrestled for air.

Ceaser stood up, grabbing the .357 Revolver of the table next to him. He walked up to Hudson and pressed the gun barrel to Hudson's head. "I'll give you ten seconds to tell me the truth. Ten, nine, eight, sev-" suddenly there was a blinding white light and a high pitched ring was all that Ceaser could hear.  His vision slowly returned,  and Ceaser noticed he was on the far side of the room. Stumbling, he walked up to where Hudson was found, only to find that he was gone and the two centurions lay in a pool of blood.

"Search the area." Ceaser ordered. "He does not leave the fort alive!"