Chapter 4

Doctors POV:

I've just seen Ryan take Yaz off to the side. I wonder what's so important to tell her that he can't say it in front of us. I know I shouldn't but my curiosity took the best of me and I move closer to where they are stood and start messing with the console of the TARDIS so the don't think I'm listening.

I don't hear much just bits of the conversation. My heart dropped when I heard Ryan asked Yaz to go on a date with her. I didn't hear her response properly, but by the way Ryan looks after she replied I had a bit of hope that she said no, but he still had a look of hope in his eyes so maybe she said that she would think about it.

I don't know how I should tell Yaz or even if I should tell her, because what if I tell her and she doesn't like me back or what if she wants me to drop her off home and never comes back on the TARDIS with me.

I think I will take them home for the day so they can see their families. That way I can sit and have a beer or two and ponder on how I could possibly tell Yaz that I like her.

"right fam, change of plans. I'm going to take you home so you can all have a nice catch up with your families." I tell them in a voice that hopefully shows my normal confidence

"what's happening in Sheffield this time Doc?" Graham asks, because last time they went home was the time with the spider.

"nothing is happening Graham, I just thought you would like to be home for a bit without being in danger of an alien attack" I say that with a little chuckle.

By the way they all look at each other I don't think they buy it but they're thankful to go home when I drop them off. Yaz stays for some reason but when I look up she has a smile on her face. That smile. I could look it all day.

"what you still doing here?" I ask her in a joking manner with a smile on my face too.

"was wondering if you wanted to come for tea again? I bet my family would like to see you again" there is a hint of hope in the question she asks me.

"not today, I have some business I need to take care of" when I say that her smile gets smaller for a second but its back before she thinks I notice.

"no worries, how long do we have this time Doc?" she wants more time with her family this time and I understand that

"as long as you would like. I'll be here when you're ready to come back" I say that then go back to messing with the console.

"thank you Doctor. For everything, I'll see you soon" her voice when she said that and when I look up I see her leaving the TARDIS.

After I know she has definitely set off home I go to the little bar I have in the TARDIS and I start drinking.

~Time Jump~

I don't know how long I've been drinking for but long enough that all my alcohol has gone. So I set off to find a pub nearby. Luckily there's one not even 5 minutes away and I go in sit down and start drinking.

I don't know how but Yaz found me in a drunken mess and took me back to the TARDIS so I can lay down and sleep it off.

"I thought you had business to take care of Doctor" you can hear the worry in her voice.

"I did and I took care of it don't worry about it" I giggle at that. I don't think I've ever giggled before

"what was you taking of, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"there's this girl. She's beautiful. I wanted to tell her that I like her. I guess she'll never like me like this. That's what I was trying to do. I was trying to get the courage to tell her."

"who is this girl Doctor?" she's curious but hurt at the same time. I can tell by the look on her face.

"it's... Its... You"

I guess I fell asleep after that because all I remember is waking up in the morning with a massive headache and not quite remembering what I said or how I got back to the TARDIS.