Chapter 3

Yaz's POV

Oh my god. Ryan just asked me on a date when we next go home. What do I say? I don't want to be with him. I don't even want to date him. I just want to be his friend.

"Look Ryan, I think it would be better if we were just friends. I'm not looking to date someone at the moment. I though I should tell you so I don't lead you on and get your hopes up about us dating" I said it as kindly as I could but I also said it a bit bluntly

"Oh. Maybe when you're ready. Thanks for telling me the truth, I guess" he sounded upset when he said that.

I can't tell him about the doctor and about how I think about her all the time. She's the only thing that seems to be on my mind. I get scared when she jumps in to a dangerous situation. What happens if she doesn't come back? I don't think I can cope if she never comes back.

The best thing about the doctor that I don't think she has even realised she does is that her nose scrunches when she gets a bit confused, or how she get way to talkative when she's happy or when she likes to be alone when it comes to coming up with a plan.

She's caught me a couple of times looking at her and she gives me a cute little smile and blushes a bit. I don't understand why she blushes, she loves when people give her attention. I never know what to do when she catches me looking. I just kinda get fidgety and awkward, I've knocked things over a couple of times but she always seems to catch them.

God. I'm in a sticky situation and I don't know how to get out of it. If only I could tell her. If only she would feel the same. But I can't live on if onlys so I stay looking at her from the distance until I have the courage to tell her.