"Ange I am ok, Boss just made me do some stuff for him ok. I think it was just his fucked-up way of giving us a warning." I knew there was stuff he wasn't telling me. but despite that I, for now, chose to ignore it then ask him again about it later. "so, you're in school now?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows. "Yep, I am back at a shit hole called school. But it won't be so bad because now we can work here and we will have each other closer."

I actually liked the idea of having Jace here. It would mean that I got to spend more time with my best friend, my brother. "well we have to make sure my cousins don't see us get too close cause they will go ape shit if they thought I have a boyfriend." I narrowed my eyes at him in a warning indication.

"Jesus Christ your family really doesn't know a single thing about you." A moment of silence came after that comment. He instantly regretted and pulled me in a tight hug. "sorry Ange." I shrugged it off and gave him a big smile. "its ok knucklehead, don't get your princess knickers in a twist." His chest abrupted in a growl and we laughed as we stepped out the janitors closet. Thank god no one was around because that would have looked so awkward us both coming out the closet together.

"Do we have the same classes together?" He nodded while grimacing. "we'll let's get to chemistry then."

The day went by actually very smoothly. I think through all my school days in my entire life that today without a doubt is the best day. I don't know why we didn't decide to do this sooner. We spent our study periods and lunchtimes in the empty computer room. Which was good cause we could be ourselves, talk about whatever and not get caught.

"so, any findings on the ghost?" I asked sipping my water. "Nope, not a single fucking thing." I clicked my tongue and rested my head on the table. "when will this end Jace?" he didn't have an answer. Because we both didn't know if or how this would end.

We really had no hope...

I sighed heavily and handed my bottle of water to him so he could take a swig. "Not being an asshole but you look like shit. I thought it was me who was practically captured." I growled playfully. "let's just say I had a few too many drinks yesterday. I was just worried about you and all the stress just got to me. I needed to get out..." He nodded softening his eyes as he gave my hand a tight squeeze. I do feel sorry for Jace. He has no family, except for me. when he was a baby his mother died and Jace ended up in the care of the blacklist assassin league.

"That was the bell let's get to the next class." He groaned and complained as sat up from the uncomfortable seat. "what is the next class?" He yawned stretching his arms. "a double lesson of maths." He cursed under his breath and rubbed his eyes groggily.

"I am already tired of this school shit and this is my first day." I laughed faking him a sympathetic look. "Get used to it buddy."

At the end of the day, I was beyond tired but sadly I couldn't go home to bed. I had to, go to Uncle Enzo's house so we could get our dresses measured for the arranged ball. My stupid aunties organised all of us including the boys to get our dresses and suits organised at his house.

I was a bit nervous to try on dresses because I didn't certain scars showing and bruises revealing. I was not ready at all to reveal anything. my aunties all sat around the lounge looking at Laura as she had a glistening long ball gown on. There were people all around her putting pins tailoring the dress. The boys were in the other room in a similar setting but theirs looked much more relaxed as they were laughing and drinking. While in this room we might as well be getting a dress for a funeral. The twins were ecstatic because this was right up their alley. "Hey, sweetie." Aunty Elizabeth greeted kissing my cheek pulling me to seat next to her and mamma. "hello mamma." Mum held my hand. "Hey, baby how was your day at school?" I nodded giving a big smile. "it was actually really good." And that was the truth.

I looked at the dress admiring it more. Laura looked stunning in the golden dress as it heightened and complimented all of her goddess features. The dress was strapless and hugged her hourglass figure almost perfectly. "Your daughter is just beautiful Elizabeth," Jessica said warmly to Elizabeth. Mum shift uncomfortable as Jessica's gaze turned sour as she shot me a disgusted glance. Sophie and Rebecca snickered as they caught onto the look... I glared at all of them giving my mum's hand a tightening squeeze.

"Ok who is next?" the lady asked once she was finished with Laura's dress and she went to take it off. "ME!" the twins shouted in sync making everyone laugh. I rolled my eyes and sunk into my seat. There were a million of things I could be doing right now but yet here I am trying on a stupid dress.

I hadn't even noticed Rebecca had come out until I heard awes and cooing. The uncles had finished and papa was now in the lounge as well. Her dress was sparkly and fitted as more of a princess ball gown. It was very over the top not to mention it was very pink. In my opinion, it looked like a dress if barbie decided to shit out pink glitter.

Sophie's dress was a bit nicer but it still had the overtop vibe as the dress was a peach colour and hugged her body tightly. I was scared for a moment if she could even breathe. The dress was a mermaid fitted dress. It looked good on her but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

"Alright, I believe Angelina is lucky last." The lady Melody smiled as she held out her hand for me. I tried my best to plaster a smile on but I was in no mood to act like a 'perfect princess' and act all 'girly girl'.

"This really isn't your seen is it?" Melody laughed as put down the blue dress she was showing me back on the rack. "Not really sorry." I apologised as polite as I could. "that's ok! You are just like my little sister." I laughed along as she giggled. "do you have any preferences that you like." She had a massive selection here of dresses. But most was similar and over the top. "to be honest as much as these dresses are gorgeous I just want a simple dress." I wanted to sound as nice as possible. I in no occasion wanted to offend her.

"I think I have a dress which would be perfect for you! Just between me and you, I think you don't need a dress filled with thrills and exaggerated details. You're naturally a smoking hot babe." I laughed and thanked her while giggling. She handed me a simple dark blood red dress what flowed with satin. It was beautiful and I knew straight away this was the one. "sorry it is the smallest dress size. But if it is too small we can just get it resized." I nodded and slipped away so I could change into it in the dressing room we had displayed.

The dress almost fitted too perfectly. It hid my scars, all my bruises and covered enough to my satisfaction. My tan skin really shinned through the colour of the dress which made me smile more. It was probably the nicest dress I had ever tried on. "wow the dress is almost too perfect." Melody muttered in disbelief. Looking at everything and assessing it just to make sure. "Let's go show the others." I walked out into the loud talkative room where my whole family sat. my brothers and papas eyes nearly bulged out of their heads. Everyone looked so surprised. I guess they didn't expect my body to look like this. I usually wear baggy clothes and hide clothes which usually do the opposite then compliment your figure.

But in this dress, you can see my toned muscular arms and my body in the dress that hugged my body like a fitted glove. "wow." No one didn't really say much which settled an uneasy feeling in me. I had thought that I looked decent in the dress but apparently due to their reactions I probably look the opposite. "It's a bit simple." Rebecca began correcting my suspicions on how I looked. "But then again she is simple so it does fit her," Jessica commented. "She looks stunning." Uncle Louis came to my rescue kissing my cheek.

Then on cue, the rest of my family fished out compliments. As much as I half accepted them gracefully I truly only wanted to get out of this dress.

Lucky for me my wishes were blessed. Sometimes I wonder if I was swapped at birth or if during my emergency birth story. That something went wrong. I was not one of them and no matter how much I tried I knew I wasn't made for this world. I was made for something else... But I am afraid that I will never get to find out what it is...