"We good?" John B asked him, switching off the engine.

"Yeah, we good."

"All right. Here goes nothin'." John B jumped out of the boat and turned to Scarlett. "You comin' Lottie?"

"Nah, she doesn't want to break the rules." JJ laughed.

Scarlett shook her head, and stood up. "This isn't about breaking rules, JJ. This is about breaking into a motel room." She crossed to the bow of the boat, placing her hands on her hips. "But, rules are meant to be broken, right?" She grinned, grabbing onto JJ's hand and hopping off the boat.

"I thought this wasn't about the rules?" John B asked with a raise of an eyebrow.

"It isn't." She grinned, letting go of JJ's hand and walking through the grass towards the motel.

"Don't let him do anything stupid." Pope said to John B as he gestured over to JJ.

"Oh, we will." JJ assured.

"I'm not making any promises." John B said.

"You coming boys?" Scarlett called, stopping several feet away and turning around to face them. She held one hand above her face to block out the rays of the sun.

JJ grinned over at her, sending the brunette a thumbs-up. "In a second!" He called.

"Uh, be careful." Kiara said to John B, handing him the motel key. "I mean it."

John B chuckled slightly. "Yeah. Yeah." He climbed off the boat, patting JJ on the shoulder as he passed. "Let's go. Lottie's waiting for us." The girl in question was standing impatiently a few feet away, arms folded over her chest as she glared at the boys.

"This is your adventure. Hurry up!" She called to them.

"Five minutes ago you didn't want to be apart of this." JJ reminded her, slinging his arm over her shoulder once he caught up with her. "Why are you so impatient all of a sudden?"

"Because," Scarlett huffed, "I want to get this whole breaking and entering thing done as quick as possible. And someone has to keep an eye on you two." She pushed his arm off her shoulder. "You see this ass?" She asked him, walking a few steps in front of him. "It cannot get arrested, again."

"Why are all these mattresses out here?" John B asked, changing the subject.

"After a hurricane, they ditch 'em 'cause they're mouldy." JJ answered, his eyes lingering on Scarlett for a moment longer. The three of them walked up the stairs and began walking along the landing as JJ began to mock Kiara, his arms around John B's shoulders. "Just be so careful, John."

"God, you're so weird." John B told him, pushing the blonde boy away from him.

"What the heck was that about?" JJ asked, referring to the small moment between John B and Kiara. 

Scarlett snickered, knowing exactly what was going on, thanks to her girl-talk with Kiara a few days prior. "I know∼" She sang, skipping along the landing. She wasn't really sure what room they were looking for, but was beginning to enjoy the little adventure. Plus, she got to listen in on some boy talk for once.

"What do you know?" John B asked, his eyebrows furrowing as he stared at the girl.

Scarlett span around, walking backwards for a few moments. "Sorry, can't say. Girl code." She saluted the two boys and continued to skip along the corridor.

"Maybe she just wants us to be careful." John B suggested.

"I think it's probably more than that." JJ said, nodding his head in Scarlett's direction and patting his friend's shoulder. "Besides, I don't know if you've realised, but since you've been threatened with exile, she's just been, like, 'Oh! Be so careful, John B.'" He raised his voice an octave as he once again mimicked Kiara, rubbing John B's shoulders as he spoke.