CH 2 - Meet the Family

Start from the beginning

"yeap, don't have the money" y/n replied

anna angrily slapped her hands on the table "what do you mean you don't have the money, you're an adventurer, you literally make off of killing monsters, how don't you have 20 slivers"

"Sorry sis, but a no is a no" y/n said crossing his arm

anna then proceed to look at the woman who was done cooking and was putting the food onto the plates, "mom! say something" the woman who seemed to be the mother of the two, walked to the dining table and placed the two plates of food on the table.

"foods' ready" the mother said as she put it down on the table

"Mom!" anna called angrily

"honey if y/n said he doesn't have the money he doesn't"

"Why are you taking his side!?"

"because I'm the favorite one " y/n said with a grin on his face

"shout the hell up jack ass!" anna shouted

"make me flat board!" y/n replied

"pervert! "

"idiot!"

the two siblings then continue to insult each other, with their mother looking at them. suddenly the two stopped as they feel the temperature of the room drop down and their instinct telling them to run, they knew what was happening as they looked at their mother.

 suddenly the two stopped as they feel the temperature of the room drop down and their instinct telling them to run, they knew what was happening as they looked at their mother

shivers ran down their spine as they looked at their mother pissed off face.

"y/n" she called in a dark tone

"y-yes!" y/n answered with fear in his tone

"at the end of this week, I want you to get your sister a replacement for the book you ruined"

"Yes ma'am!"

"anna"

"yes!" also scared

"apologize to your big brother"

"but h-" she stops as her mother looked at her with anger.

"apologize" her voice sounding demonic

"sorry y/n!" anna asked terrified 

"no problem, I was the one in the wrong" y/n returned

their mother face now changed to her normal happy face "alright, eat before it gets cold" acting as if what happened before never did, the two then proceed to chow down their food not even living pieces left.

y/n pov

In the old days, I've faced beings of power able to destroy a quarter of this world, banned space, time and reality to their liken, and the one being who is able to make me feel fear is a 34 yr old human woman, haa, how low I've fallen. hm, someone is missing, I looked around the dining table and I didn't see pan.

"hey where's pan?" i asked

"he went to play with his friends" anna answered

"wait, mom, you let him go without eating breakfast" I ask surprised because mom always makes sure that everyone eats breakfast even dad unless he has something important to do.

"at first I wanted him to eat something first but I can't say no when he did that cute dog face off his" mom said as she starts thinking about pan's dog face.

y/n and anna, smiling : (little shit)

"Hey, didn't your teammate said that you're having a new member today" anna asked as she is reading the book from earlier

"right...........RIGHT!" I yell as I remembered that I had to meet my mates early today.

"oh lord, I'm late! mom, where did you keep my tools!" 

"I left it in the storage room" mom answered

I quickly run to the storage room, wear my gear and proceed to run at the door, when i heard someone knocking on the door, I opened it to see my childhood friend Clara standing there.

"you're late" Clara said looking angrily at me.

"well, well would you look at that, is the tombo-argh" I stop as I feel Clare punching my stomach.

"why?" I asked as I bend over and groan in pain.

"you know what you did" she answered, "also gramps and I have been waiting for you over an hour now!"

"Sorry but you didn't have to hit me the stomach, you know" i said still bend over.

"haha!" anna started laughing "you deserve that!"

Clara looking past me at my sister and mother "hey anna, hi miss y/n"

"hey clara" anna greeted back

"Sorry for the trouble Clara" mother said

"no problem at all ma'am" Clara replied

"how's your grandfather, I hope he's doing well?" 

"you know him as stubborn as always" Clara replied as she holds my hands

"well we better be going, we don't want to make him wait much longer" she said as she starts dragging me. "bye anna, bye miss y/n"

no one pov

"bye!" anna said as she watches Clara dragging y/n away.

she closed the door "do you think he knows?" she askes her mother

"of course he knows " her mother replied "y/n might act like an idiot sometimes, but you got to remember that he's smarter than the average man" 

"yeah, I know, anyway I need to get ready for alchemy class" Anna said as she walks to the stairs

"just make sure to check on pan as your heading to class, alright"

"alright".

END