[XXVII] Gift of Choice

Start from the beginning

"You did that for me?" Jeongwoo stuttered as he speaks. Breathing heavily amidst the hysteria he was feeling, blood rapidly rushing to his veins sending shivers that only worsen the weight of his troubled mind and heart.

The immortal mustered his courage and sat up straight to face the archangel. His hand slowly reached for Jeongwoo's cheeks, cupping his face gently until their faces were only a few inches apart. His thumb caressing the soft skin he could reach making Jeongwoo automatically close his eyes at the warmth sent to him.

"Everything that I did and decided to do, It will always be because of my love for you. Don't you ever forget that, Jeongwoo." Haruto whispered in a low voice, feeling his heart almost bursting out of his chest. Pushing all thoughts down at the back of his mind and savoring the moment, he finally closed the tiny gap between them, his lips locking with Jeongwoo's in the passionate way possible.

It was past midnight when Haruto dropped him home. Big smiles on their faces while swaying their intertwined hands in between them. "Thank you for today. I had so much fun with you and love." Jeongwoo stated before pecking Haruto's cheeks cutely.

The taller mess with his hair and heartily chuckled. "I'm glad to hear that." he replied and paused to rub Jeongwoo's cheeks using his slender fingers. "I love you... so much. Keep that in mind."

"And I love you more, Haru."

Haruto lovingly pats his head before turning to the puppy then back to Jeongwoo. "Can you keep love with you?"

"Oh, I thought we agreed that he'll stay in your place?" Jeongwoo asked in confusion. The taller gave a hesitant smile but immediately shove it away with a laugh. "Just trust me on this one, come on."

The archangel only chuckled and nods his head. "Fine fine! but you have to keep visiting him, okay?"

"Good night, Woo." Haruto answers instead.

With one last kiss, they parted with warmth and so much comfort that night, or at least that's what Jeongwoo thought. The archangel happily waves his hands while watching the tesla disappear from his eyes before he walks inside the building with love tagging behind still on a leash.

———

"Care to send me off?" A particular immortal halt from drinking his vermouth upon hearing the question from Haruto who's now standing across him with a stick of cigarette in hand. Yoshi released a heavy sigh. "Did you tell him that you're permanently leaving before the break of the dawn?"

The latter shakes his head no. "Can you take care of him for me?"

Yoshi scoffs at his words and set aside his drink. "You should at least bid a proper goodbye. By doing this you're just repeating what you did before." his words momentarily halt in the air then he continued. "And the guys, they have no idea you were next after Yoonbin's term. They didn't even know you're a hellborn, damn. Are you really going to leave everyone hanging?"

"On the 21st, the second judgment will change everything like a newly planted crop and by that time, you will all thank me for this."

The older sarcastically laughs at his words. "Are you a saint now?" he said with annoyance lingering on his voice. Yoshi was about to add something when the door sprung open, unveiling Yoonbin's presence. "Ready to go?" he queried as if they're just going for a stroll.