[XXIV] Embodiment of Lust

Third Person

More often than not, we look for things that are not around. Thinking that if we find it, it will complete a part of us. A part of us that has been longing for something we can't even explain in words. Our thoughts succeeded to convince us that if we find that missing piece, it will make us whole. Our thoughts convinced us that we will be contented and be at ease. But what really makes a longing soul at ease?

A particular tall immortal toss the remaining small piece of cigarette on the ground and step on it before blowing the smoke out of his mouth. "How is he?" Haruto asked over the phone.

Yoshinori chuckled on the other line, finding the younger male's action interesting for some reason. "He's fine. I bought everything you wrote on the list and left their department after handing it to him."

"Did he ask anything about me?" Haruto asked, nibbling on his lips anxiously.

"He asked for your exact whereabouts." Yoshi paused and sighed. "I lied and told him I had no idea."

"Good. I owe you a lot." Haruto answered shortly, setting his eyes on the side just to see Yoonbin and Jihoon impatiently waiting for him while finishing their ice cream. "Keep him accompanied while I'm away. I'll return the favor when my business is done."

"No worries. Take care! Tell Yoonbin and Jihoon I want a deluxe cream puff basket from Victorian." Yoshi requested like a child that made the younger smile at his remarks.

"I'll buy that myself. I'm hanging up."

"Alright! See you guys in a few days!"

Then Haruto ended the call, cutting of Yoshi's cheerful voice blaring from the other line. He immediately turned his phone off and shove it inside his pocket. "Can we go now?" Yoonbin asked as soon as he approached the table.

"Can we finish this within the day?" Haruto responded causing Jihoon to grin as he drops the utensils to the bowl of ice cream.

"Depends if we can close the deal immediately with Uno."

Haruto darted his eyes on Yoonbin who just spoke while Jihoon furrow his brows in confusion and was about to raise a question when a man walks inside the restaurant with an intimidating woman following behind. The two immortals exchanged knowing glances before Haruto welcomes the two without much enthusiasm.

±

"Where's Doyoung?" Mashiho asked with his eyes sparkling in curiosity. He hurriedly ripped the plastic wrapper and shove a cookie in his mouth.

Their eyes darted on Jeongwoo who shared a lecture class with the latter earlier in the morning. "He runs an errand for Atty. Bang." he simply answered.

Mashiho and Junghwan hummed as an answer while Asahi remained smiling while typing a message on his phone as if the others are not around. Since they arrived in the city and were welcomed with a cheerful Asahi in their unit, they did not bother asking him what happened between him and the engineer because judging from how it looks, you can easily tell things went very well.

The complete opposite of Doyoung who has been busy distracting himself and being all quiet whenever they were together. Jeongwoo still can't understand the older especially that he mentioned something about gathering the archangels for a talk but acted like he never said that when they went home.