[XXIV] Embodiment of Lust

Start from the beginning

Jeongwoo tried opening up the topic but whenever he does, Atty. Bang would coincidentally call for Doyoung's attention. The immortal would either ask Doyoung for help in the office or accompany him to sit in on a trial.

"Who gave all these, by the way?" Asahi asked after placing his phone down the table to grab a snack from the grocery bag.

"Yoshi dropped by earlier and said it was from Haruto." Jeongwoo answered, snapping out of his thoughts.

"Did he go somewhere?"

His eyes darted on Junghwan who asked the question. Jeongwoo examined his face before he sighed, shrugging his shoulders. "He said he needs to work on something but I have no idea what it is. I just know he won't be around for a few days."

"Ah, I see. That explains your sullen face." He automatically rolled his eyes upon the sight of Mashiho grinning at him with eyebrows wiggling up and down to tease him.

"Shut up. It's not because of that." Jeongwoo replied, now thinking of an idea to piss the older off.

Asahi scrunches his nose in curiosity and intervened. "What is it about, then?"

The younger male flashed a proud smile and leaned on the table. "I'm sad that it's Yoshi who brought the groceries when it was supposed to be Dr. Kim. I would be happier to see his face in the morning, excusing me in the middle of the lecture just to—"

"And why would he do that?!" Mashiho cut his words off. The pitch of his voice sounds a bit higher that caused random students passing by to momentarily glance at their table.

Jeongwoo smiled teasingly and made faces that irked the older even more. "I don't know. Maybe because Haruto asked him to?" he answered proudly.

Their immature bickering went on but the last words drove Asahi to silence. Haruto asked them to? Why are they willingly accepting requests from him?

"I don't understand." Asahi blurted out causing the three to look at him.

"What do you mean?" It was Junghwan who spoke first before the others.

The archangel was about to explain his thoughts when his phone rang and the screen showed a picture of the engineer. Indicating an incoming call which he immediately answered in just a second. "Hey" Asahi shyly answered.

Mashiho was the first to react. A mix of confusion and amusement written all over his face. Asahi was the shameless and nonchalant type, he's not the type to get flustered over a phone call but the scenario displayed in front of them proved them wrong.

Maybe a handsome engineer named Yoon Jaehyuk is all it takes to break barriers. The conversation sounds even more flirty as the minutes passed by and the three had to fight the urge to leave him all alone at the table. The next thing they knew, Asahi drop the call and wave his hands directed at the entrance where they saw the immortal walking towards their table.

"Good morning? Is it still morning?" Jaehyuk cheerfully greeted, all smiles as he loosely hugs the archangel and waves his free hand to the three.

The archangels greeted him back with the same smiles and energy while darting a teasing look to Asahi.

"Do you guys wanna grab lunch?" Jaehyuk asked and when he saw that the angels exchanged glances, he immediately chuckled. "It's on me."

"Then let's go." Junghwan and Mashiho shamelessly answered in unison.

Asahi burst out in laughter and whispered an apology to Jaehyuk who only smiled sweetly at him. They went to the parking lot after that. Asahi took the passenger seat while the others made their way to the backseat, Engr. Yoon as their willing driver.