[XX] Devil's Prayer

Start from the beginning

The cold breeze welcomed me the moment I got out, Yoshi stood in front of his car leaning comfortably with a can of beer in his hand. "How did it go?" he asked which made me sigh.

"You don't have to know. Come on, where are they?"

"Margarita. Hyunsuk booked a lounge." he replied and finish the last drop of his beer as we both went inside the car. I took the passenger seat while Yoshi started the engine.

The car ride was quiet but a lot of things are going in my mind. After a few minutes of the car ride, we arrived at the bar where the others are waiting. From the entrance door, I can already see Hyunsuk talking closely with strangers while beside him is Yedam who looked like he wanted to go home.

"You reserved a lounge but stayed out? Really?" I said the moment we reached their spot. Hyunsuk grinned at me and pat my shoulder. "It's too boring inside but we can go there now to start the talk." he said and I just nodded in response.

The four of us walked inside the private room. Our eyes were welcomed by the sleeping Junkyu on the couch hugging a throw pillow, Jaehyuk working on his laptop on the side, both of them still wearing a formal long sleeves polo as if they just came out from work. On the opposite side was Jihoon drinking a glass of red wine while Yoonbin is leaning on his shoulder.

"Took you guys long enough. Junkyu already falls asleep waiting." Jihoon said and pat the space next to him motioning Hyunsuk to sit down.

I went to Junkyu's side and tried shaking him a couple of times before he grumpily rubs his eyes and sits straight. "Why are we here again?" he asked.

"We need to discuss something." Hyunsuk intervened, starting the discussion they planned through our group chat. "I assume everyone heard of the attacks that currently happened in both lunar and solar." he added.

I quietly listened while nodding. Junkyu is on the verge of falling back to sleep so I nudge him on the side which he answered with a small grunt.

"Not only that, but a few rogues have also fled from the prison and they were nowhere to be found. The officials believed they were the ones working behind everything so they sent other immortals to chase after them."

"It reached that point huh?" I heard Jaehyuk whispered, we exchanged knowing glances before I ruffle my hair as I let out a heavy sigh.

"And I don't think this mess will stop anytime soon. We need to do something for damage control. We need to help the officials in catching the rogues." he explained looking all serious and troubled.

I stared at him for a couple of seconds before I interrupted. "That means turning ourselves in." I said, voicing out my thoughts.

"We don't necessarily have to give ourselves away. We can help the officials secretly, there are other ways." Yedam answered.

The others agreed with him and that's where another discussion started, we talked about other ways that can help the officials. I find it funny how we're going to help them find the rogues when the immortal officials are also looking for us, the only difference is that they tapped the other side and sent the archangels instead.

Their discussion lasts for another hour before everyone eventually talked about their own lives and even asked me how things are going with Jeongwoo. Yoshi grinned in my direction since he's the only one who knows.