Lessons

I just finished the chapter, and I haven't proofread it yet, so I'm sorry if there's mistakes ;-;

Anyways, enjoyyyy

~~~~

"No you dumbass..."

Staring at the brunette staring at you with an amused look on his face, you only glowered back. Teaching him was horrid, even worse than you had originally thought. Sure, at least he wasn't wearing a horrendous looking hat, but the boy who did just supposedly wanted to watch your lessons.

"I can't believe Mori replaced me with her..." you heard the boy mumble once, and you'd sweatdropped at the way he said it. It's not like you wanted to be here anyways, you'd let him take the job happily if it meant you still got a way in to the Black Lizard.

Teaching the boy was more difficult than you had originally expected, especially when Chuya had unexpectedly showed up and decided to stay to watch. He proclaimed arrogantly that it was just to watch just how sucky of a teacher you were, but you were pretty sure he felt mildly attacked by being replaced.

Well to be fair, I'd prefer him here during the lessons.

Dazai was more than difficult, constantly making jokes with the bright coloured haired boy, and making the sparring seem like a joke in general. However, before Chuya had come along, he was all stoic faced and stern, you figured he was easier around the other boy. Better keep him cheery than deadly.

"Stay balanced," you stated for the fifth time when swinging your leg against his. At the force, he crumpled, falling on his back comically with his hands splayed out. You couldn't seriously spar with him, so you were stuck to kicking him around and reminding him of the basics.

He actually sucks...

He sat up, standing up with a sigh as he turned to face Chuya. The boy looked bored to say the least, becoming unamused after the bandaged boy had fallen on his backside so many times. You yourself were bored, it took everything you had not to beat the brunette right then and there. But with Chuya there, you couldn't risk it.

Gravity manipulation...

That's what Akutagawa told me he had.

You weren't going to see just how compatible your gift was with Gravity, so you were stuck with this. Staring at the boy, you rubbed your head, considering just walking out on the two.

Pulling your phone out, you glanced at the time, a sigh of relief once noticing you'd basically survived the hour. Unless Mori expected Dazai to be a full fledged ninja in the first lesson, you should be fine.

Oh but he's gonna suffer for putting me through that hour-

You couldn't really express your anger to the boss, so you settled with the brunette smirking at you. With a few steps towards him, you grabbed him by the collar of his tie, tugging it down so his face was at the same level as yours. He seemed surprised by the action, but didn't move.

Dumbass.

This kick sent to his stomach was hard enough to lift him off the ground, sending him crashing against the wall. The way his body slumped against the concrete was amusing as you turned around, letting your arms slack. Still leaning against the wall, Chuya flashed you a glare.

"He deserved that."

The boy clenched his fists, yet it wasn't for the boy on the ground. "You forget your place, whether he deserved it or not, it was uncalled for. If you pull something like that again, I'll intervene! I won't even need to use my gift."

And I should be scared...?

To be fair- I should, I'm just too tired to care.

"That doesn't sound too threatening~" you sang in a song song voice, brushing past his shoulder as you left out of the empty room. "If a fist fight is what you're suggested, I'd be more than obliged, that is, if you're any better than him." You flashed the brunette on the ground a long stare.

"Don't compare me to him!" He seemed offended by the thought and you didn't blame him. He tensed you as he squared up to you, hands in his pockets. "Don't underestimate me either, I'll beat your ass."

With a roll of your eyes, you continued past the room. "Tomorrow then, Dazai has a lesson then too. If I win, you'll have to do as I ask, same for you if you win."

"Deal!"

Not even glancing back as you walked through the hallway, you couldn't help but think to him. If you truly were to fight him, you'd need to give it deep thought, especially with what you were betting on. Anything he asked? Gambling was something you enjoyed, you weren't someone to put your bets on something you had no hope in winning.

Does he have any weakness...?

Deep in thought, you made your way to one of the elevators, walking in and watching as the doors enclosed around you. Yet you weren't alone in the compartment, and glancing to the boy on your side, you sweatdropped.

"Akutagawa?"

The emo looking boy barely turned, scanning you over with a glare. "Y/n," he acknowledged back, turning around and giving you his back as you sighed. He wasn't very talkative, so of course now wasn't an exception either. Yet you didn't plan to let him off like that, after all, you had questions about the gravity boy.

"You know Chuya pretty well, right?" You peeked over the side of his shoulder, ignoring the way he tilted his head to give you a menacing stare, you were used to it by now anyway. When he didn't answer, you continued, hoping that he'd give you a little information at the least. "Well... we planned on a fist fight, he isn't that good at martial arts, right?"

This time, the boy did stare at you dead in the eye. "He's the best in the Port Mafia," he said simply, watching in amusement as your face contorted into shock.

The best... in the port mafia?

I'm screwed.

"But he has his hands in his pockets half the time!" You nearly screeched, hands flying to your face as you didn't decide to hide your shock. "Besides! He's so short- like, I think even I'm almost taller than him!"

"You're shorter."

Scowling at the boy, you figured his opinion was invalid anyway, he said stuff just to piss you off. Still, you kept silent, waiting for him to explain your other point.

Seeming to understand you were waiting, he sighed. "And as for him keeping his hands in his pockets... it's his way to restrain himself, gift wise. If you are fighting him and he takes his hands out of his pockets, well... not like you stood much of a chance anyway."

Well shit...

"And is there... anyway I can beat him? Any weakness?" Maybe attacking him while he had his hands in his pockets could be an option...

However before the boy answered, the elevator doors opened and he stepped out, ignoring you completely. Used to this behaviour, you continued on your way by yourself, not miffed by your predicament of the fight. There was no use in worrying over it now, if you could beat him tomorrow, you'd beat him, if not, you wouldn't.

Plus I'm tired, I don't have enough brain cells to think after dealing with that stupid ass brunette.

Walking to the nearest train station, you didn't have to wait long, and quickly hopping on once it arrived, you stared at the empty seats, a happy smile on your face. It was so unoccupied, and walking to one of the long benches, you sat down, laying down with a sigh as you put a hand to your head.

I should catch up on some sleep...

Yet you felt watched, and peeking to the side, you groaned when noticing there were various people, consisting of both men and woman, although you hated the way they stared at you. It was the gaze that made you feel unsafe, no, the gaze that let you know immediately that you weren't safe.

Oop, no sleep then.

Sitting back up, you rubbed your head, taking your phone out of your pocket with a sigh.

I better not lose tomorrow.