Spying On Dates

"Come on, guys!" Ruffnut whisper exclaimed to Snotlout, Fishlegs, and Tuffnut as they ran through a bracket in the forest. "We haven't got all day! If we don't hurry, we'll miss the good part!"

"Ugh," Snotlout groaned. "Remind me why we're doing this again. I didn't exactly sign up to go watch Hiccup and Astrid make out all night."

"You know, sis, I didn't sign up for this either," Tuff explained. "Or did I? Was there like a sign up sheet or something, or is this another one of those scouting exercises?"

Ruffnut just groaned and mumbled to herself, continuing to run through the bushes.

"Ruff, I-I don't think we should be doing this. I mean, Hiccup and Astrid's dating life isn't always meant to be public; they deserve some privacy," Fishlegs argued.

"Exactly," Ruff said nonchalantly. "While they just kiss and make out and love each other, we'll be hiding in the bushes. It'll be like we were never even here."

"YOW-OW! ARG!"

"Would you please just SHUT UP, Tuffnut?!"

Ruff turned around to the direction of her brother's wails and found that he had somehow tangled himself inside a bush and a thousand tiny thorns pricked him from all directions.

"Ugh. Snotlout, FIshlegs, go get Tuffnut out of there-wait...on second thought, maybe it would just be better to leave him-"

"YOW-OW OWWW!" Tuff screamed again.

"For the love of Thor, just get him out of the bushes!"

Snotlout and Fishlegs scarmbled over to a wailing Tuffnut and somehow managed to pry him out of the thorns.

"Woah, that was scary. It felt like a million tiny soldiers were trying to kill me."

"You've gone insane, Tuff," Ruff stated.

"Yeah, I think we all know that by now," Snotlout added.

"Shut your trap Snotty and get moving!"

Snotlout obeyed, following Ruffnut as a cautious Fishlegs and a whimpering Tuffnut followed close behind.

"There!" Ruff pointed through a hole in the bushes. Below them was the cove, Hiccup and Astrid's special place. It would have been secret, but when the Speedstingers invaded the village one devastating winter, Astrid had to lead the Berkian tribe to the cove, the safest place on the island that she knew of. No one ever really visited it, since they were vikings and didn't take rest as a pasttime (as quoted by Spitelout, Snotlout's father, "Rest is for the weak.").

But lo and behold, there was Hiccup and Astrid, laying side by side as they watched the setting sun, the brilliant orange and red rays glistening on the clear lake. The sun left a soft glow on the cove, and everything seemed so peaceful and serene. If only Hiccup and Astrid would have known that four other people were watching them...

They had been together for six months now, and were definitely more romantically involved than before. The often showed a large amount of PDA, which grossed the gang out, but Ruffnut was rather intrigued by this. She dreamed of having a boyfriend one day, maybe even her future husband. She found the feeling of someone possibly loving her back to be a wonderful feeling, but that hadn't happened to her yet, so she was fixated on Hiccup and Astrid's relationship and hoped she could maybe even get flirting tips out of all this...and kissing tips too.

"Isn't it just beautiful?" Astrid sighed as she watched the sun set. Her hand gently squeezed Hiccup's, and he squeezed hers back.

"Indeed it is, but not as beautiful as you, M'lady."