He's Mine: Part 2

"AGH!" Astrid screamed as she flung her axe at the tree in front of her. Her sapphire eyes looked cold and dark, her soul a firework about to explode. To be honest, Astrid was plain ticked off. And if you ticked Astrid off, one of the greatest viking warriors that had been learning how to throw an axe and twist people onto the ground with one hand ever since she was just five years old, you would never forget what you did to her. You'd probably be in a world of pain, to say the least.

"Stupid, Dagmar!" Astrid screamed once again, flinging her axe at another tree once she pulled it out of the other one she had hit. "I'm a daughter of a chief. Everyone loves me. I like to make people feel like worthless idiots. Oh, and did I also mention that I'm daughter of the chief and that I'm above you all?" After Astrid finished mocking Dagmar with a snobby tone, she retrieved her axe from the tree, ready to aim at yet another one.

"Astrid, wait!" Hiccup called out. Astrid turned around to see her boyfriend making his way towards her along with his Night Fury, Toothless. Hiccup appeared to be calm, but if one was observant, they could tell that panic flashed in his emerald eyes, as well as genuine concern.

"What?" Astrid asked, still holding her axe in her hand, fidgeting with it as she waited for Hiccup to speak up. Once he had reached his girlfriend, he gazed into her eyes, sadness fairly apparent in his emerald orbs.

"I'm so sorry about what happened back there. I hope you don't believe anything that she said, because you know it isn't true-"

"I don't want to talk about it right now, Hiccup," Astrid snapped, lowering her head and turning the opposite direction. She quickly regained her composure, standing up straight with her head held high. Astrid wasn't one to showcase how she felt; you'd have to figure it out for yourself.

"Astrid I-"

"I said I don't want to talk about it!"

Hiccup hurriedly walked up to his girlfriend once again, grabbing the axe that she held in her hand, and throwing it beside them. And before Astrid could even object, arms pulled her in close, holding her tight, hands gently rubbing up and down her back. She reciprocated the embrace, wrapping her arms around Hiccup's middle, her head on his chest. She felt so safe and so secure in his arms; it was almost overwhelming, but she loved how it felt to be held.

"You are beautiful just the way you are," Hiccup began, bringing a hand to her chin so they could make eye contact. "Obviously Dagmar can't see that. She can't see what I see."

Astrid gave a small smile. "What do you see?"

"I see beautiful sapphire eyes, a smile, long blonde hair that falls in your face, and it suits you perfectly. I love the sound of your voice, and the feeling when we kiss. The way you lay your head on my chest and fall asleep. I love the way your heart beats, and your determination, but all in all, I simply love you, and there is no one else in this world I'd rather love."

By that time, tears were streaming down Astrid's cheeks, and she didn't feel ashamed of showing how she felt.

"Thank you," she whispered, a small smile spreading across her face. Hiccup smiled as well, gently brushing away the tears on Astrid's face. Just as he was about to lean in to kiss her, the sound of rustling bushes and footsteps and an echo of his name being called pulled him away.

"Hiccup!" a light and regal voice called again: Dagmar's.

"Oh, look who's here," Astrid mumbled under her breath, rolling her eyes and kicking an invisible pebble away.

Dagmar, who was rushing through the clearing, looked up and suddenly smiled the second she saw Hiccup. Astrid could have sworn Dagmar blushed at the sight of him, and she narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the foreigner. If Dagmar tried to get flirty with Hiccup, Astrid wouldn't hesitate to whop the girl's head off.