"Really? Who?"

Max puts a hand on El's shoulder. "We don't know for sure."

"If we bring you to him," El says to Will, "can you tell if he's the host?"

"I – I don't know. I guess I'd have to see." Will runs a hand through his hair. He really needs to talk to Mike, Lucas, and Dustin.

El nudges Max who slides off the bed. "Alright, here's the deal." Max reaches under her bed and pulls something out. Her walkie-talkie. She dodges away from Will, turning it off and keeping it out of his reach. "Okay, so I'll let you use this after we take you to who we think the host is."

"What? Why?"

"No offense, but I find it weird that you came here without Mike and Lucas. So just in case you're planning something, like a prank or whatever, I'm only letting you use my Supercom once we've figured out if he's really the host." She sticks a hand up when Will protests. "Hey, if you needed to get in contact with Mike and Lucas so badly, you shouldn't have forgotten your Supercom or at least told them where the hell you were going."

Will groans. "This isn't a stupid prank."

"Okay, good. So this shouldn't be too hard then." Max motions El to get off the bed. "Shall we?"

The three of them get on their bikes – El riding with Max on hers – and head down the street, Will following the girls reluctantly. He was supposed to meet Dustin over three hours ago.

"Who is it we're looking for anyway?" Will asks.

"Max's brother, Billy," El replies.

"Really?"

Max frowns. "We don't know for sure."

When they get to the parking lot outside the pool, they get off their bikes and hide behind a car as they peer through the gate.

"There. On the lifeguard chair," Max says, pointing.

Their eyes lock on Billy, lounging on his lifeguard chair by the pool, decked out in sunglasses and a long sleeved shirt with a towel draped over his legs and an ICEE in his hand.

"What do you think?" El asks.

Will raises an eyebrow. "I don't know. I mean, he looks a bit odd, doesn't he?"

"What do you mean?" asks Max.

"He seems a bit... overdressed?"

Max furrows her eyebrows.

"What I mean is," Will says, "he hardly ever wears a shirt, and it's over a hundred degrees out now, so I don't get why he's got a shirt on, plus a towel."

"Huh..." Max looks back at Billy, analyzing him. "You're not wrong. It is a bit weird."

"You think he's the host?" El asks.

Will crosses his arms, squinting at Billy. There's an echo in the back of his head, like he's feeling the Mind Flayer's presence from a distance. "I can't tell for sure. Have you seen him doing anything else weird?"

Max and El glance at each other. "Well," Max says, "we found bags of melted ice in our bathtub and another lifeguard's bag and whistle in our bathroom."

"With blood on it," El adds. "And I saw... I saw the girl he works with whose bag and whistle it was. Billy was standing over her, and she was screaming... and I saw her again. She told me to help her and got pulled down in a bath of ice."

Will frowns. "Okay, that's definitely weird."

"But he's lounging at the pool," Max says, "which is, like, the least Mind Flayer thing ever."

"Not necessarily. The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me. It's like... like you're dormant. And then, when he needs you, you're activated."

"Okay, so we just wait until he gets activated."

Will shakes his head. "No, we can't wait. What if he kills someone?"

"But what do we do then?"

"We need... we need to make sure he's actually the host."

"Yeah, I get that, but how?"

Groaning, Will puts his face in his hands. "I don't know... we need to... Wait, Max, can I use your Supercom?"

"What for?"

Will sighs. "If we're going to figure out if Billy's the host, we'll need help. Seriously, I need to tell Mike, Lucas, and Dustin eventually, so why not now because we really need a plan. And you said I could use it after I come here."

Max rolls her eyes and gives Will the walkie-talkie. "I said you could use it once we figure out if Billy's the host, but alright. Here."

Will turns on the walkie-talkie quickly and says into it, "Dustin! Dustin, you there?"

Static. Then a crackling voice. "Will?"

"Yeah, it's me. Over."

"Will! Jesus, where the hell have you been?" Dustin says. "We've been waiting for you for hours, and Mike and Lucas have been looking everywhere for you. Over."

"Mike and Lucas? They're with you? Over."

"Well, they were, but then they went to Max's to find El, so she can look for you. Max wasn't answering her Supercom. Over."

"Max and El are with me! We're at the pool-"

"The pool? What are you doing there? I told you to meet me at nine a.m. sharp! Over."

"I'll explain later. Just wait at Scoops for me. I'll be there soon. Over and out." Will switches the channels on the walkie-talkie. "Mike? Hello, Mike? It's Will, you there?"

Will jerks the walkie-talkie away from his ear when a shout breaks through it. "Will!" Mike answers. "Oh my god! Where have you been? I mean, where are you now? I – we were worried sick! Are you okay? What's going on? Over."

"It's fine, Mike, I'm okay," Will says, "but it's very important that you meet me at Scoops Ahoy right away. Over."

"You're at Scoops now? We were just there. Over."

"No, I'm on my way. Over."

"Okay, but what's going on? Where were you? Over."

"I'll explain there. Really. This is serious, so can you and Lucas meet me there? Over."

"Yeah, alright. We're on our way. Over and out."

Will tosses Max her walkie-talkie back. They hop on their bikes, riding as fast as they can to the mall.