(18)

I hate college board and whoever decided to make college application essays 😁✨
.
.
.
.

Tw: Eating disorder

Oikawa's POV (Saturday Afternoon)

Kuroo and I ended up sleeping over Suga's house after skating last night, although he left earlier in the morning to go run. I, on the other hand, slept in a bit but still left before breakfast. My stomach insisted on sticking around for food but I couldn't bring myself to eat what he'd laid out, so instead I aimlessly wondered the streets of Tokyo trying to think of a way to not go home tonight.

"Oikawa?" The familiar voice called out to me. Currently I was sitting on a bench by a duck pond, which was long abandoned of its previous inhabitants. I turned around and was face to face with Iwa-chan.

"Iwa-chan." I smiled widely at the boy who had two shopping bags on him. He joined me on the bench, setting his bag down on the ground.

"What are you doing here?" He asked handing me a hot drink, if my sense of smell told me anything it was a hot chocolate.

"You don't have to give me your drink Iwa-chan." I joked pushing the drink away from me.

"I got it for you, see?" He revealed another hot beverage cup, except the second one was empty. Normally I wouldn't have taken it but if it was from Iwa-chan I'd accept a pile of dirt.

"Thanks." I said slowly sipping the hot drink which immediately warmed me up.

"Avoiding your dad?"

"Obviously." I laughed still taking tiny sips of the drink so I didn't burn my mouth.

"You can sleep at mine tonight if you want." I put my drink down on the bench next to me.

"Wow Iwa-chan's being nice!" I laughed and watched his brow furrow in annoyance.

"Shut up shittykawa can't I be worried." He smacked the back of my head lightly which only made me laugh more. In truth, Iwa-chan was always sort of protective of me even when we were kids. When I'd fallen out of a large pine tree once he ran off to get an ice pack and kept asking me if I hurt anything. I was fine, of course, but that didn't stop him from worrying.

"Your always worried." I commented, picking up my drink to have a few more sips. Eventually he stood up and seemingly waited for me to stand as well, which I did.

"Let's go." He motioned while walking away. I ran up to meet with him as we headed to his house.

When we arrived at his house I noticed it was empty, his parent's were probably at work. He threw the two bags onto the couch and made his way towards the kitchen to make a snack.

"You hungry?" He asked pulling out some chips from the cabinet.

"N-" My stomach growled loudly as if answering his question for me.

"Sit." He pointed at his kitchen table chair, I sighed but took the seat regardless. He tosses me a small packet of sliced apples from his fridge and sat across from me. I stared at the unopened package in front of me, disgust clearly written on my face. "What I thought you liked apples?"

"It's not that." I commented still staring at the food in front of me.

"What can you not open the bag or somethings."

"I can open the bag Iwa-chan."

"Then what?" Even though I wasn't looking at him I could feel his gaze on me.

"I'm just not hungry."

"Oikawa I heard your stomach before, you're hungry." My stomach was really playing against me in this game, I wonder who would win? On one side, my brain strongly enforced me to not eat one the other hand, my stomach was aching for some nutrients. After a while he spoke up again, "Your losing weight." I finally looked up at him in disbelief, there's no way he could've noticed. "I've noticed." Well, shit.

"I don't know what you mean." I was never a great liar, that's for sure.

"Oikawa." He sounded upset or maybe disappointed.

"Iwa-chan."

"Why aren't you eating?" Fuck he obviously knows, what am I even suppose to say. I don't even have a good reason, I'll sound pathetic. "Oikawa?"

"I don't know." I whispered, looking away from him to avoid any awkward eye contact.

"Oikawa please just tell me what's going on." At this point he sounded desperate which made me feel guilty. I felt awful for making him feel like this, like he had to watch over me.

"I just don't want to eat it's not really any of your business." I didn't mean to sound so rude, I don't even know why I'm so mad at him. He's just trying to help.

"I'm not gonna sit back and watch you tear yourself apart." His voice was surprisingly calm almost like he knew I'd snap at any point, he was doing his best to avoid an argument. "Oikawa please." I don't think I've ever seen Iwa-chan beg for something. Yet here he was begging me to just do him the simple favor of telling him what's going on and despite everything he's done for me I can't even give him that much. What exactly does he want to hear? How my father calls me disgusting everyday and maybe just maybe I started to believe him. Does he really want to hear about how much I despise everything about myself?

"It doesn't matter Iwa-chan just drop it."

"It does matter though!" He snapped. "Why won't you tell me?" He calmed down a bit and returned to his worried tone of voice.

"There's nothing to tell." I didn't feel like arguing much so I stuck with small, simple responses.

"There clearly is though, so just tell me."

"I just don't see why you care! Why can't you just let me suffer alone like I want to!" Now it was my turn to snap, clearly my plan of not arguing didn't last long.

"Why would I let you suffer alone! Do you even hear yourself!" And now we're both yelling, this really isn't what I wanted. I don't even know why I'm so mad to begin with, he's just trying to help.

"Obviously I hear myself! I said what I said why can't you just let me do what I want! I'm not some charity case you need to pity!"

"I'm don't think you're a charity case Oikawa that's not why I'm doing this!"

"Then why?" I yelled at him even though I didn't really believe he saw me as a charity case.

"Because I love you, you dense fucking rock!" I tensed up, froze even, from his words. Maybe I'd heard him wrong, because I know there's no way my childhood best friend and secret crush just admitted that he loved me back. I stared at him with my mouth practically hanging open, not saying another word. He seemed to have calmed down and realized what he said. "Shit, Oikawa listen."

"Don't." I said calming down myself, at least enough to actually think about what I was saying now.

"What?"

"Don't take it back," I smiled. "Even if you didn't mean to say it, don't take it back." I just want to enjoy this moment for a few more seconds before he says it was a slip up and he didn't mean it.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his confusion was rather cute.

"Who's the dense rock now." I laughed, leaning back in the kitchen chair. Silence took over us as we both sat, taking in what the other said. When Iwa-chan told me he was gay the other day, I was extremely happy since it at least gave me the slightest chance that he'd like me back. Now though after hearing him say it, even if it was a mistake, I couldn't stop the smile spreading across my face.

"I meant to say it so I won't take it back." Iwa-chan said, breaking the silence which had settled for a bit too long.

"Good because I love you too." I only noticed now but his face was dusted pink and a soft smile was sprouting on his lips.

"Yeah I figured that out moron." We both laughed at the joking insult which held no weight now after our true feelings had been expressed. "Will you let me help you?" His question came out of no where even though I knew he was going to ask it eventually.

"Yeah."

.
.
.
.

(1411 words)

Due to some personal issues I'll be taking a lil break so I won't be able to post tomorrow sorry :(( But don't worry I'll see you all Thursday!!