{30}

{ M a s o n }

*Two Years Later*

"Evie!" I laugh at my daughter of two and a half as she trips over Justin's feet. Justin helps her up and she toddles away, probably into the kitchen to try and get a cookie.
It's been perfect since that day, we gave it another shot and it's worked even better now with Evie, we're putting off getting married and none of the fans know about Evie. We have somehow protected her from it.
She toddles back in, munching on a chocolate chip cookie that Justin's mom made the other day.
"How was the meeting yesterday? Sorry I didn't ask. " I ask Justin.
"Terrible, we've been arguing with the manager over Evie, about whether to tell the world about her or not." He sighs, I do too. It's a hard decision to make, but I have to make it easy for him.
"Then let's, just do it now, choose a family picture and post it online. It's fine, Justin." I assure him, taking a deep breath as I know something he really doesn't.
I get a notification.
'@.JustinNFJK: There's something @.Mason.Gi and I have to tell you, we actually have a two and a half year old daughter we've been keeping away from the public eye. Her name is Evie Carter Hills, she's the light of my life and my little monster!'
"Now we wait." I tell him, my palms sweating, not only about telling the world about Evie. Ugh, it's so hard to tell him.
Suddenly, a sick feeling overcomes me and I run to the bathroom, throwing up the contents of my breakfast. I sit leaning against the wall, thinking about it. Ugh.
"Mas? Are you okay?" He asks and pulls me up.
"I'm fine, I think I've just got a stomach bug, don't worry about me." I lie and walk upstairs, lying down on the bed. I feel like shit, this is bad. This is really bad.

*The Next Day*

I drive to the airport to pick my mom up, Justin and Evie are at Kellin's.
My mom is stood leaving against the railing, suitcase in one hand and scrolling through her phone with the other. "Hey Mom." I smile and take her things, placing them into the back of the car.
"Are you okay sweetie? You look sickly."
"I'm not..." I sigh and explain, lying about the last 'small' detail. "I'm just sick."
*
We get Justin and Evie from Kellin's house, then go back to our house.
I run upstairs and call the hospital.
"Hello? Could I make an appointment?" I ask.
"Sure," A voice replies kindly, it sounds like a woman's. "Name?"
"Mason Staplynn." I reply.
"Ah, yes. I can book you in for this afternoon? Is it important?"
"I'd like to think it is. Could it be quite soon?"
"There's an appointment for 1:30, that's in an hour. Is that okay for you, Miss Staplynn?"
"Sure, thanks." I hang up, sighing.
What if I'm told what I fear it will?

{ J u s t i n }

I hand Evie her dolly and stand up as Mason comes in the room.
"Sorry, I just had to take a call." She smiles sheepishly. "I've gotta go out in like an hour."
"Oh, why?" Diane, her mother questions.
"I'll tell you after." She replies calmly, but then rushes off to the bathroom again, presumably to throw up. She's been doing an awful lot of that lately. I hope she's okay and not too sick, it can't be that serious, right?
I go onto my phone and check all of the comments.
'Wow, dude! That's took some talent hiding it for two years and a half.'
A year really, I wasn't there for the first six months.
'Family goals! She's so adorable!'
'Not too sure about the mom though. Looks like a slut.'
'@.Mason.Gi, you're lucky! You're beautiful, got a successful partner and a gorgeous little girl!!'
'The chick is hot, she got a Kik? Damnnnnn....'
I smile and put my phone away, starting to talk to Diane.
"Mason is being distant, is she okay?" Diane asks.
"I don't know, she's tired and is feeling sick." I say.
"So?" She leads me on. No. No. No.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.
"I'll see you in a bit!" Mason yells and slams the door.
"Mama." Evie pouts and cuddles into me.
"She can't be." I say, swallowing a lump in my throat. "But it was just like with Evie. Oh my god."
"We don't know for sure, Justin. Just think though."

{ M a s o n }

I walk to the front desk and I'm directed to the maternity ward, Jesus, I don't even know yet.
"Hey, I'm Mason Staplynn, I'm have an appointment for 1:30." I explain.
"Ah, yes, room 3 on the left." The man smiles.
Slowly, I pace to room three and knock on the door. A lady doctor, the one who I had last time answers.
"Hey, Doctor Marin." I smile.
"Hey, Mason. Back again?"
"Yes, I'm feeling the same as last time. I just want to make sure." She let's me in and I lie down so she can check me over.
"How is your baby? You transferred to Panama City, right?" She asks.
"Yes I did, the father and I had some issues, we split for a while but when the baby was six months old, we got back together. Her name is Evie Carter Hills, she was born very healthy." I fill her in on everything she wants to know about, even what Evie looks like. It's nice that she's showing an interest in me and my family.
"Well, Mason, looks like you're expecting your second child. Do you want the scan?" She asks. I nod and pull my shirt down.
*
I close the front door silently and sigh. Mom is cooking something in the kitchen, I can smell it already.
"Mama!" Evie squeals and runs down the hallway and jumps up, I pick her up. "Where you go?" She asks.
"To the doctors, come sit down. Where's Daddy?"
"In there." She tells me and I take us both into the living room. Mom follows and sits down opposite me. Evie sits on Justin's lap, playing with the hem of her skirt.
"What's wrong, Mas?" Justin asks.
"Nothing is wrong, Evie, you're gonna be a big sister." I tell her, she jumps up and skips off, humming to herself. Uhm, okay?
"A-a second child?" Justin questions. I nod. He jumps up too and pulls me up, kissing me abruptly, only because my mom is in the room and spinning me around.
"Our own little family, Mas. Wow."