{ 8 }

{ M a s o n }

Yesterday's walk on the beach was nice, now I've got to get back to reality. That reality was school.
Lili: Nat's sick and I've got my hospital appointment today, I'll see you at lunch x
Me: Kay Kay, I might walk, it'll do me good x
My mind flicks back to Justin, he's been nothing but sweet to me, I think he's a really great guy.
I throw on some jeans and a black and white baseball shirt, along with my black converse. Today was one of those lazy days. I brush my hair and put a hair tie on my wrist, I'll use it later.
"Mason, get-" Mom begins, sighing as she opens my door. "Oh, you're up. That's good."
"Yes, don't worry about me, you can go off to work now." I smile.
"Bye honey, have a nice day then." She hugs me and rushes out downstairs, the sound of her heeled shoes letting me know.
I shake the backpack empty that I used for warped, and stuff all of my books, folders and pens inside.
"Hayden! Get up! You'll be late!" I shout and run downstairs, twisting my hair into a side braid, pieces fall out, but it looks better.
"Yeah, but it doesn't take me ten thousand hours to get ready like you!"
"Shut up, don't sass me, and get dressed, smart ass."

{ J u s t i n }

I have 6 days left in Cali, Mason's at school for 5 of them, so I'm gonna have to make do with the guys.
That's until she gets home.
"Uhm, Justin, might wanna see this." Gabe nudges me and passes me his phone. I raise my eyebrow and read the article.

'Bassist Justin Hills, spotted multiple times with Blue haired Beauty.'

Just the title alarms me. Paparazzi have seen me with Mason?! Oh god.
I swallow down a sickly feeling and carry on reading, well dare to at least.

'Justin Hills, bassist for band Sleeping With Sirens, has been spotted multiple times with a new girl in Cali. Sources anonymous have identified her as 19 year old, Mason Giovanna Staplynn who attends a local Californian high school.
They were first spotted together at the beach, on Friday, the day before his concert at Vans Warped Tour, the two bumped into each other and they weren't seen together since the next day.
The next sighting was at Warped Tour, she was reportedly in the front row of his set and the two crosses paths again by bumping into each other as the blue haired beauty was leaving the venue. Our anonymous source told us they went on a date later that night, and a picture of the two eating at a local restaurant has been leaked, (picture below.) The source also reported the two had shared a short kiss after the first date.
The last sighting was at the beach again, but they didn't bump into each other, they went down there together. Local paparazzi and passers by have captured pictures of the nineteen year old, and twenty-three year old walking down the beach front, holding hands, sharing a short kiss on the cheek as they sat in a beach front cafe.
Source told us that they had been texting each other non-stop, and that Mason was gushing about the guy non stop.
Hills has recently, around three weeks ago, came out of a relationship, will the two keep this up, or is this just nothing but a fling that the bassist wants with a Cali girl, there's a first time for everything, right?
For more and to stay updated on the situation, follow the page.'

"Shit." I mumble and hand Gabe his phone back. Mason is gonna be upset when she finds out. I can't keep this from her, the internet is a big place and it's bound to get leaked to her somehow.
How did they get all of that information? Who was the source? Mason definitely wouldn't leak that, I wonder if she sent it to someone on accident and they leaked it? But who would do that?
"What am I gonna do?" I put my head in my hands and lean forward.
"Tell her, it's better than her finding out from someone else."
"Dude, she's at school!"
"Wait for her to finish then." He suggests, keeping his cool.
"She's nineteen! I'm gonna get so much shit off of this, she's only just legal! By a damn year! She's still in school, as if she isn't vulnerable enough! Mason has enough on her plate, exams, school, grad is coming soon, she said."
"But you like her right?"
"Of course I do! I wouldn't care like this if it was someone else!" I yell.
"If you care about her, it shouldn't matter. You can both get through it. If you're worried about her school, hold on until she's finished school."
"I couldn't wait that long dude! It'd kill us both!"
"Don't worry what people think then, you have each other. Simple." He shrugs.
I grab the keys for the rental car and run outside, it's almost 3PM, she should have finished her school day soon.
I start the engine and drive to where I need to be, Mason's school.

{ M a s o n }

People have been looking at me weird all day, Lili has noticed it too. It's really weird.
I meet her outside her Calculus classroom and we slowly make our way outside.
"No car today, we're walking." I say.
"You were dead serious?!" She jokes. I nod my head with a smug smile. "MASON WALKED EVERYONE!" She yells. People turn to look at us, and we burst into a fit of laughter. I barely made it outside without keeling over.
I scan the parking lot for my car, but then realising it's not there and I walked, I sigh a little.
"Hey, Mason!" Someone yells. "You looked right at me and didn't see me! Rude much!"
There's only one person that could be. Justin Hills. I see him sat on the hood of his car.
I smile to myself. "S'up Mason?" Someone drops in between Lili and I.
"Oh, nothing much." I manage to stammer. That was Braden Jones, my crush since forever, I doubted he ever noticed me.
"Who's the douche calling you?"
"DOUCHE?! THATS JUSTIN!" I yell in his face and run over to Justin. Who knew Braden could be such an asshole? But being the trouble maker Braden is, he has to follow me, is he asking to pick a fight with a man?
"Aren't you a little old for Mason?" Braden asks. I slide onto the hood of Justin's car.
"Well done for noticing, why I'm a man, and no I'm not, I'm 23, I doubt she wants scrawny little talentless boys who are gonna work at McDonald's for the rest of their lives."
"Oh yeah, and did you get fired from McDonald's?" Braden scoffs. Justin is definitely keeping his school.
"Yeah, when I was 15, I don't know about you, but I'm in a successful band now, Sleeping With Sirens, heard of them?" His eyes widen. "I can play Bass like a pro. I doubt I'm talented."
"Guys, stop it please. I'll admit it Braden, I used to have a crush on you, but because I'm getting attention from another guy you're suddenly noticing me? I was the shy kid you made fun of. Go away."
"Whatever, slut." Braden scoffs again, a very unattractive move, and saunters away. Slut?! Me?! I haven't even had a proper boyfriend, I don't think Evan counted, he didn't even officially ask me out! How am I a slut?! All Evan and I did was kiss and act cute, nothing further than that. Trust me, I'd save it for someone a little more special than Evan.
"Ignore him, Mason I have something to show you, promise you won't yell?"
"Okayyyy." I say, eyeing him wearily as he passes me his phone. Lili is reading it over my shoulder.
"Shit." We both hiss at the same time.
"Don't. Yell."
"What are you gonna do?! Like you wanna be seen with me now?!"

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Sorry for not updating! I've been ill! Ew!
I managed to update my other two, but not this one.
But the drama llama made up for it.
If you could have one pet what would it be? A llama because they spit on people. Haters get spat on. XD