8. biggest step

Team hopped off the bus when it reached the campus. It was now nearing 6:00.

He decided that he would kill the extra hour he had to wait in the canteen. He sat at one of the tables on his phone. If you had asked him what he was doing, he wouldn't have admitted it to you. But he was scrolling through all of his past conversations with Win. Each time he scrolled past a picture of Win, he smiled a little. Careful not to get caught by the few students around him.

He turned off his phone at half past 6 and closed his eyes. He kept thinking about the grandma he saw on the bus and the things she had told him.

'When I get home I'll think of some way to tell him I love him.' Team thought.

He opened his eyes. "I love him.." he said repeating himself. He had just took the biggest step in his journey yet. But there was more to come.

"You love who?" Manaow said popping her head around one of the canteen's pillars.

"Oh! Manaow what are you doing here?" Team said, avoiding her question as she came and sat across from him.

"The drama club had an early meeting at 5, it just ended." Manaow ended her sentence yawning.

"Why are they meeting so early?" Team asked

"It's someones birthday today.. Speaking of which!" Her face lit up. "Mine's this Friday! You're coming right!? It's going to be at Electrocution. You know? The new nightclub!"

"Oh shoot Manaow! I completely forgot! I'm so sorry." Team apologized.

"It's ok! But you're coming right? You can bring Win. Pharm is bringing Dean."

"Yeah I'll come but I'll have to ask Win if he'll come" Team said. The thought of Win made his heart jump.

"Yay!! Ok I have to go! I'm late for Econ!" Manaow said scurrying off to her next class.

******

It was now time for lunch. Team sat down at a table with Pharm and Manaow. Team and Manaow started fighting over treats that Pharm had made, as per usual. Pharm was guarding the treats he made specially for Dean. He said Dean was headed for the canteen so he was just holding onto them for when he arrived.

A few minutes pass, Team and Manaow were still bickering when they saw Dean sit next to Pharm. They started flirting making the other two feel like third wheels.

Team felt someone sit next to him. He turned to look and it was the one and only Win. Team felt butterflies in his stomach when his own words recited in his head. 'I love him'

Team met Win's eyes when he felt something cold on his cheek. Win was wearing a thumb ring, so when he touched his cheek the cold metal made contact too.

"Where were you this morning? I stayed outside your apartment for an hour waiting for you but you never came and I missed my first class." Win said in a worrisome voice that made Team's breath hitch.

Team placed his hand on top of Win's bringing it down under the table but not letting go.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep last night so I just headed out early."

"Oh.." Win said, he sounded crestfallen. 'I did that, I caused him not to be able to sleep' He thought to himself as he dropped his head. He was disappointed in himself for making Team perturbed to the point of losing sleep.