Asgore's Dream

The battlefield was rank with the scents of blood, sweat, and fear. Toriel hovered out of reach of everyone but Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, and I. Asriel remained unconscious. Whatever had a hold on Toriel had caused her to attack her own son. My vision blurred. Bravery and Determination flowed through my veins. I looked down at my paws, covered in my own blood. Some of it must be Toriel's or Undyne's as well.

I let out a fierce growl and lunged at Toriel.

"Last chance, Tori," I spat as I plunged my trident into her chest. She screeched like there was a demon inside her. I heard Papyrus and Undyne taking on one of Toriel's fire-wolves. "Leave Y/n alone!"

"Asgore, you know I am here for her and not you. You will be just fine if you put me down," Toriel squeaked. I ripped out my trident and a chunk of Toriel's flesh and fur came with it. A voice inside me told me to stop, but protectiveness of Y/n and my family muffled it. Pushover, I told myself. Everyone will die if you give in to your soft-hearted self! "I will do anything to protect her, even kill you!"

Suddenly Toriel formed a fireball in her bloodied paw. I formed one in mine. "Put that down," I wheezed. Toriel ignored me and raised it up over her head. Bad. I did not have much HP left. But at the last second, she turned and threw it behind me.

It was headed right for Y/n.