The Diamonds have a conversation

White's POV

We walked in silence for a while, which to be honest was getting really awkward until (y/n) asked a question which I answered honestly to. After I had answered Blue and Yellow looked at me like I had suddenly grown another head.

(Y/n) saw this and diverted their attention. I could see (y/n) struggle on what to call blue without being rude so I suggest we call each other by our first names which she was quite happy to do. She even called me by my first name which for some reason made me blush and made Blue and Yellow look weirdly at me again.

(Y/n) once again diverted their attention, for which I was extremely grateful as I was starting to become as pink as a rose quartz. When we arrived, she explained to us what a key was and how to use it, then she had to leave.

Once we figured out how to use the doors, we all went inside and checked out our dorms. There was a queen size bed with white sheets and bedside tables on either side of the bed, both with lamps on, on the right side of the door, an oak wood desk on the left side with a door next to it leading to a bathroom and on the back wall a balcony and a book case either side of the door leading to it. Overall, the room wasn't too bad.

I went and lead down on the bed propping myself on the pillows, and pulled out my screen and started doing the last reports I would ever need to do. Now that's a strange thought, not being swamped by work.

As I was lost in my thoughts, I suddenly hear a knock on my door "come in," I say loud enough for the person outside to hear. Both Yellow and Blue enter the room looking determined. Oh, stars what have I done now.

"White, we would like to speak with you," Blue said in such a tone it made me shiver. "What would you like to talk about," I say putting away my screen, and patting the bed indicating them to sit down. They sat on the edge of the bed and closed their eyes before looking at me after slowly opening them, which made me even more concerned.

"It's about (y/n)," said Blue. What? Why? Did they find out I find her cute? Don't they know I don't have feelings for her?" White, we saw how you two were looking at each other and well," Blue looked like she was struggling to find the right words" We think you two would be cute together, as friends!" Yellow almost exclaimed. That was all?

"why would you say that?" I asked genuinely curious to what they had to say. "You two were getting along quite well and you didn't mind her calling you by your name," reasoned Blue trying not to make me upset. "Even when we visited the other schools you didn't talk unless you had to, but when she started asking questions you jumped right into a conversation."

I didn't say anything for a while as I contemplated what they said, they were right. I didn't mind talking to her as I actually found her voice quite soothing. "White are you still there." asked Blue looking a little concerned. I looked back her confused. "You blanked out a little there," said Yellow a little concerned. "I'm fine, just thinking. " "what About, perhaps (y/n)," said Blue with a triumphant look on her face.

"no of course not, well maybe, a little, alright yes!" I said after a while of trying to defend myself. "White has a crush, white has a crush," teased both the younger diamonds "I do not have a 'crush' as you put it, I merely find her interesting and would like to see if she would consider being my friend," I said in a professional voice denying what they said as I didn't want to turn pink as a rose again.

"Let's leave her for a while Blue, to think about (y/n) for a while, in peace, so she can realise what she feels for the human," Yellow said looking triumphant as if she knew something I did not and I didn't like it. "Of course, it looks like White has had enough teasing, for one day, let's go," said Blue as she was leaving the room with Yellow both smiling the widest smile I has ever seen.

What did they know that I did not?