Sleepover

Enji Todoroki had just gotten home from a long day at hero work, he had sat down on his couch watching the news when his youngest son had come home.

He heard his daughter walk over to the door to greet him. After a minute he started to wonder what was going on. Usually, Shoto would just brush her off and walk straight to his room till dinner time or when Enji would try to get in a training session.

He stood up from the couch, hearing it groan from the release of his weight, and walked over to the door to find his daughter talking to someone that was not his son.

Enji didn't know much about the Midoriya boy besides his encounter with him during the sports festival. He was sure that the boy thought that Enji hated him, of course that wasn't exactly true.

He didn't like him but he would amitt that the kid had guts and must've done something short of a miracle to get his Shoto to use his fire.

Despite not hating the boy he didn't want him in his house, holding onto Shoto's arm, and talking to his daughter while he was taking off his shoes.

The boy seemed to have finally noticed him, along with the rest of his family, and stood now rigid.

"Uh- Father, I know this is a little last moment, but shirley you wouldn't mind if Shoto's friend Midoriya stayed all night?", Fuyumi asked while stumbling through her sentence.

This had never happened before, ever. Shoto had never had friends, something he had encouraged, and none of his children had ever had sleepovers. He felt a grumble begin to form in his throat as he sighed.

"On a school night?", he asked, feeling his anger begin to grow.

"We have a huge project due and Midoriya and I are partners, we figured we could get it all done tonight. Midoriya's place is too small and his mother won't be home so I offered for him to stay here", Shoto explained.

Enji could never tell when his son was lying, something he had taught him clearly too well, especially because of his cold eyes and monotone voice.

The explanation seemed true, both boys still had their backpacks and he assumed Midoriya's held his clothes and toiletries, as well as his school work.

He looked at the boy, their eye's meeting. He could see the panic climb up the boy's eyes as he glared at him.

After a second more of silence he had decided, "Fine, but next time this happens be sure to tell me beforehand."

He walked back, his feet stomping louder than needed to more or less intimate Midoriya more than he already was. He sat down at the couch again. He turned off the TV and grabbed a book he had been reading and continued on till dinner time.

________________________________________________________________________________

Izuku could feel his heartbeat in his mouth as Endeavor watched him like a scientist watching an experiment squirm. He'd only felt more and more nervous as Todoroki had easily slipped the fib to Endeavor for him staying all night.

Izuku was glad that Todoroki was good at that sort of thing, because he certainly wasn't. Heck, he could barely keep the secret of his quirk.

He stood at the doorway, his shoes to the side by Todoroki. When Endeavor finally dismissed them and left he sighed in relief. Izuku was positive that Endeavor hated him after what had happened at the sports festival.

Just by the way he had glared at him for easily two full seconds he could almost feel the hatred coming from the tall scary hero.

"Come on guys, he bought it," Todroki's sister told them. He wasn't really sure of her name, Todoroki didn't really talk about his siblings much.