Harry nodded, "Okay..."

"Now finish your cereal, Kitten," I pointed. "We got to get a move on with this shape learning stuff."

Eventually we both finished our cereal, and Harry stood next to me to watch me wash the dishes, "Harry wishes they made pizza cereal."

"Ew," I laughed loudly in surprise. "I don't think that'd be very good."

"Pizza is good, milk is good, cereal is good..." Harry noted off before nodding. "Pizza cereal."

"Make some," I suggested. "We could use the money."

"That was... a joke?" Harry asked, smiling a little as he tilted his head at me.

"Pretty much," I chuckled.

Just as I was about to drain the water from the sink, I managed to drop the bowl I had been drying into the water, creating a nicely sized splash. Water flew practically everywhere within a radius of five feet, and Harry just so happened to be within that radius considering he was practically pressed to my side. And water did indeed hit Harry. Square in the face. He let out a startled cry, stumbling backwards and rubbing frantically at his face as his ears flattened. My brain was instantly reminding me that the boy refused to take showers because he didn't like water in his face, and here I was accidentally splashing water in his face.

I yanked open the drawer that held the dishtowels, reaching for him, "I'm so sorry, Kitten! I'm sorry! C'mere, let me help you! I'll get it off, hold on."

Taking a dry dishtowel, I put a hand gently behind the curly kid's head to keep him from backing away from me and used my hand with the dishtowel to pull his arms away from scrubbing at his face. I carefully dabbed and wiped at any water he had left on his face, rubbing the fingers of the hand cradling the back of his head between his ears soothingly. All the while he was cringing away, his eyes clenched tightly and his face scrunched up. Once I was sure I'd wiped the water off of his face, I tossed the dishtowel to the counter and pulled the boy into a hug, hoping he'd forgive me. Yet he squirmed away, shaking his head frantically.

"Ha-Harry d-does not l-like water i-in his face," he whimpered.

"I know," I whispered guiltily. "I'm so sorry... it was an accident, Kitten, I promise... it won't happen again."

Harry, however, was slinking away from me, out the door and into the living room. I quickly stepped towards the sink to pull the drain plug, abandoning the bowl I had dropped into it and rushing after Harry. He had curled himself up in the far corner of the couch, his knees pulled to his chest. My guilt was now threatening to smother me. I walked closer to him, but he simply buried his face into his arms that were resting on top of his knees.

In attempts to cheer him up, I put Aristocats in and went and sat across the room from him in the recliner. He eventually peeked out from his arms, but he didn't come over to me or invite me to sit next to him. His black ears still had yet to appear back from their flattened position beneath his curls. So we sat in silence and watched the entire movie.

As it ended, I mumbled a quiet, "Harry?" Harry lowered his gaze to the floor, refusing to meet my gaze. I tried again, "Please talk to me, Kitten..."

He still didn't respond, so I sadly climbed out of my chair and retreated into my room to call Liam for advice, wanting nothing more but for the curly kid to know that I honestly hadn't meant to splash water in his face. After dialing Liam's number, I waited impatiently for him to pick up. He finally answered after two and half rings.

"Partying hard on your day off?" he answered with a chuckle.

"I'm a horrible person!" I said immediately.